11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Discontinued?

So am I reading the press reports correctly...Infiniti is already discontinuing the QX30? I can't tell if they are just ceasing building them in the UK or they are not going to build them at all. Thanks Infiniti for giving me an Edsel.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Dang. It appears sales have been lackluster, due to competition from other brands primarily. The QX 50 sold a lot better, so Infiniti
decided it's not feasible to continue the QX30. https://www.carsdirect.com/automotiv...e-discontinued
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I've read a couple of news about this. However what I thought was they were ceasing the partnership with Mercedes-Benz to build an all Infiniti QX30. It's only my opinion with no specific supporting argument, but I think Infiniti should not dish the CUV segment. If the QX50 is considered to be their entry level, prices should definitely go down.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage

The MB partnership is a big reason why my wife and I bought a QX30. We liked the Infiniti styling (both interior and exterior) but we appreciate the Mercedes engineering. This 4 cylinder is fantastic, and the DCT is phenomenal.

Nissan 4 cylinders are bleh -- and I am not ready to trust a variable-compression design from Nissan/Infiniti. That seems like a ticking time bomb, to me. I would also never pay "premium/luxury" vehicle prices to get a CVT. No thank you! In something cheap, like a Honda Fit, I think a CVT is fine... But if I'm paying "more" to get a premium experience then a CVT has no place, imo.

So it seems Infiniti may be losing my family as customers. It's a shame, because we do love our QX30 and the Infiniti dealer has a decent enough sales and service department... But I'll focus on Acura/Audi/BMW/Lexus/Mercedes/Porsche/Volvo next time.
Zee, Rapidfirerob4 and Tavul like this.

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

Does not diminish my love for this car whatsoever... If I didn't have Dinantronics, my love wouldn't be quite as lofty- but this car with Dinantronics is perfect for me and I plan on keeping her for a while.
Other than early issues with the aux battery and alternator change, it has been super reliable, super gorgeous, extremely fun and economical (getting 27 in city and 32 on hwy consistently)... Other than spending twice the price I paid for this, I can't think of anything else that would remotely interest me or sway me from my QX30S.
Rapidfirerob4 likes this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by __XIS__ View Post
Does not diminish my love for this car whatsoever... If I didn't have Dinantronics, my love wouldn't be quite as lofty- but this car with Dinantronics is perfect for me and I plan on keeping her for a while.
Other than early issues with the aux battery and alternator change, it has been super reliable, super gorgeous, extremely fun and economical (getting 27 in city and 32 on hwy consistently)... Other than spending twice the price I paid for this, I can't think of anything else that would remotely interest me or sway me from my QX30S.
Agreed, I love the car, which is why I am so disappointed.
__XIS__ likes this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We bought the car in part because I have a 2014 CLA with the same engine and transmission, and many interior features, and continue to be happy with it. So far, the used 17 QX30 we bought last year has been great. Hopefully, it will continue to be so.
__XIS__ likes this.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Well, that’s really disappointing, if they cease production of the QX30.

I really have trouble to find another car - unfortunately the QX50 is not an option for me right now. This might change in 2020 ...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I guess as long as Mercedes continues the GLA250, we’ll still have some support with parts, service.
__XIS__ likes this.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

I read that they will make it all Infiniti in the future with a 'less powerful' VC engine. I am glad I have this transmission because I fear a CVT...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page