Infotainment System Substandard
I love my ‘17 QX30 but must say the infotainment system - software, screen design/layout, navigation, etc - is woefully substandard compared to even non-luxury vehicles (including my wife’s 2017 Hyundai Sara Fe, daughter’s 2018 Honda Pilot,friend’s new Honda CRV).
A few particulars of note:
- ALWAYS defaults to Nav screen when you start the car.
- Non-smooth, “jumpy” navigation
- Nav graphics outdated - sub-par maps, poor text for streets, locations, etc.
- Text on radio screen (song titles, artist names) too small, almost unreadable.
- BIG station buttons at bottom don’t show enough selections - need to scroll too much
- Button display doesn’t change to show current station playing (if using steering controls to change stations).
- Current station is not highlighted enough to see.
- Volume when playing Bluetooth (Spotify, etc) is lower than playing XM radio. Problem switching back/forth.
- Overall interface seems very outdated.
- Quality of the backup camera image is worse than non-luxury vehicles listed above.
Any info as to whether there could be a software update to improve Theo infotainment system? Are current 2019 models the same as earlier models?