2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default New to the 2017 QX30-a few questions

Hi everyone. I’ve had my QX30 for a week now & thanks to this forum, have had several questions answered! I really have enjoyed this car so far. I still am wondering about a couple things, issues not addressed clearly by the owners manual.
1) I have the premium sound system, in which I have a Bose amplifier(I think) where my spare & jack should be. I’ve looked on the tires for the appropriate labeling if they are run flat tires, but can’t tell. Should I have a spare & jack with the Bose equipment in its spot?
2). The idle start/stop is a little rough when working. I’ve never had this feature in a car, is this normal to not be a smooth transition from off to on/on to off when idling?
3). The car came with only 1 intelligent key. The salesperson said you can buy them off of eBay and have a dealer program. I’ve seen them on eBay for about $40, has anyone done this with success and cost-savings?

Thanks for any insight!
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage

The Bose unit in the spare tire area is a subwoofer. The QX30 came from the factory with run-flat tires. It sounds like you got a used QX30, so you'll want to double check the model of the tires on your vehicle to confirm.

The idle start/stop in my QX30 works really well. It's considerably smoother than the system in my Acura. However, everyone has a different "feel" for things like this. Without some more description, I doubt anyone can offer you an opinion on YOUR system. I suggest going to your Infiniti dealer and driving a NEW QX30 and see if it feels similar. If it feels the same, then you know that's how it works. If it feels different, let the dealer fix yours.

I would never buy a vehicle that only had one key fob. You really should have insisted that the dealer provide the second fob. The dealer can program new ones, but they're not cheap. If you go the eBay route, a locksmith would most likely be cheaper for programming, compared to the dealer. I still would expect you to pay $70-150 to an independent locksmith, plus the cost of the FOB.

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 05:31 PM
tt6

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Welcome!

Curious what other cars you considered and why you chose the QX30? What car did it replace?

I've never been a fan of the idle start/stop and wish there was a way to keep it disabled without having to push the button every time or at least remember the last setting. Mine feels a bit jerky when enabled, kind of like the transmission is being put into gear when the engine rpm's are a little higher than idle, which seems to be consistent with another QX30 I test drove.

p07r0457, do you happen to know if the oil pump is still engaged and the system is still being pressurized while the engine is off during this?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt6 View Post
p07r0457, do you happen to know if the oil pump is still engaged and the system is still being pressurized while the engine is off during this?
The oil pump is driven by the crankshaft, via chain. When the engine is not running, the oil pump is not pumping.

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 06:28 PM
tt6

Good to know, thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post
The oil pump is driven by the crankshaft, via chain. When the engine is not running, the oil pump is not pumping.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Thanks for responding tt6, I appreciate your input. A year ago I had a Nissan Juke and loved it; but at 120,000 plus miles, it was nickel and diming me. I traded it for a Mazda CX3, which had some great features but little power. I ran across the QX30, loved the look(even though it does look a lot like the Mazda, just beefier), but loved the idea of having a turbo again. More luxury didn’t hurt either. Test drove it, and was sold. I did have blind spot assist, push start, and a sunroof that I wish the QX30 had, but the other features of the QX30 help me forget I miss those. I am going to the dealer in a few weeks to ask about a key and about the idle start/stop being a little rough, but glad to see your input. Thank you!
Rapidfirerob4 likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 12:40 PM
tt6

I'm sure you will love this car, it's a nice step up from the CX3 and Juke! I feel the biggest improvement over those cars is the interior layout, design and the luxury feel. The QX30 interior is one of the things I like most about the car.

Hopefully you were able to find out if you have run flat tires. If not, just post the tire details and I'm sure one of us can help figure it out.

In case you don't know, you can simply add a push start button for under $40, I ordered mine from Amazon. There is a thread somewhere on here with details.

There are no dumb questions here so don't be afraid to post, many knowledgeable and helpful folks here!

Hope you get things sorted out at the dealership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmilbur View Post
Thanks for responding tt6, I appreciate your input. A year ago I had a Nissan Juke and loved it; but at 120,000 plus miles, it was nickel and diming me. I traded it for a Mazda CX3, which had some great features but little power. I ran across the QX30, loved the look(even though it does look a lot like the Mazda, just beefier), but loved the idea of having a turbo again. More luxury didn’t hurt either. Test drove it, and was sold. I did have blind spot assist, push start, and a sunroof that I wish the QX30 had, but the other features of the QX30 help me forget I miss those. I am going to the dealer in a few weeks to ask about a key and about the idle start/stop being a little rough, but glad to see your input. Thank you!
Rapidfirerob4 likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Thank you for being so welcoming, I appreciate the advice tt6!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 04:40 PM

I have also found the stop/start when the car is idling to be rough. It also does not stop and start consistently. It will go days, even weeks where it does not occur.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have also found the stop/start when the car is idling to be rough. It also does not stop and start consistently. It will go days, even weeks where it does not occur.
Hello ewhite..... there are a couple of thing that the ECM must met before enabling the start/stop function:
Engine running

Outside temperature between 14°F (-10°C) and 104°F (40°C)

Engine hood closed

Battery temperature between 32°F (0°C) and 140° (60°C)

Complete system diagnosis no malfunction detected

Vehicle driven above 5 mph (8 km/h) after engine key start

Vehicle driven above 10 mph (15 km/h) after engine restart*

Interior temperature within regulated range

When the function requirements are fulfilled, the engine will shut off

automatically when the vehicle is stopped. The driver is notified of the stop/start system operation by the stop/start indicator in the multifunction display

of the combination meter.

The stop/start system consists of the following partial functions:Function sequence for automatic engine stop

Function sequence for automatic engine restart

Function sequence for forced engine restart (a start dictated by the system)

Function for power supply to on-board electrical system

*QX30 will activate stop/start function up to four times before function

is inhibited if vehicle speed does not exceed 10 mph (15kph) such as

during stop-and-go traffic. Stop/start function will resume after

vehicle has been driven in excess of 10mph (15kph).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page