3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question No nav in my 2017 Qx30?

Is it possible that my 2017 Infiniti Qx30 did not come with navigation? I purchased the car from Infiniti pre-owned. They did not mention that the car does not come with navigation, and I did not ask. I just assumed that it was normal for all cars to come with it nowadays - especially a "luxury" brand and a model with this type of price tag. Is nav an add-on package that the original owner has to purchase with the vehicle?

I have Infiniti In-Touch display system which has options such as bluetooth, audio, apps, etc. I can not find navigation anywhere.

If this is so, then is it possible to just download navigation onto the car's system? It appears the "apps" button allows you to search for downloadable content - can nav be downloaded?

If not, I've already looked at after-market navigation systems - I am not interested in paying upwards of $1500 for an after-market navigation system. Especially when it's something as simple as a computer with software.

There has to be a way to get navigation on there - any way to download it myself or upgrade from the dealer for free/cheap?

PLEASE HELP!
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage

Navigation was an optional package. It is not standard.

How do you spend $$$ on a vehicle and not test drive it and confirm it has what you want? Crazy.

What does the forward-most button in front of the jog wheel say? Mine brings up the nav/map.

AFAIK, there is no cost effective way to add nav to these vehicles. If you don’t already have it, then you’re probably best just using your smart phone.

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

Minor correction...
How could you spend $$,$$$ on a vehicle and not test drive it and confirm its features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post
Navigation was an optional package. It is not standard.

How do you spend $$$ on a vehicle and not test drive it and confirm it has what you want? Crazy.

What does the forward-most button in front of the jog wheel say? Mine brings up the nav/map.

AFAIK, there is no cost effective way to add nav to these vehicles. If you don’t already have it, then you’re probably best just using your smart phone.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazeyez View Post
If not, I've already looked at after-market navigation systems - I am not interested in paying upwards of $1500 for an after-market navigation system. Especially when it's something as simple as a computer with software.

There has to be a way to get navigation on there - any way to download it myself or upgrade from the dealer for free/cheap?
Sadly, Navigation is a tricky situation. It's not going to be a cheap fix outside of just rocking Waze or Maps on the phone with a mount.

I mean the factory nav package is a $2,300 dollar add on in itself, that's not even judging if it requires the additional sensors that are part of that package. It's not just a program you add to the main entertainment system. You need alot of modules, additional computing components and various hardware. So overall 1500 isn't bad if Nav on a screen is that essential.

Cheaper options would definitely include a cellular enabled tablet and mount, separate physical gps unit, or grab a phone mount and run it that way.

It also depends on your package as well, because I believe you can't add OEM Nav at all if you have the pure base model, but that should be alleviated by aftermarket options.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 01:51 PM
tt6

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Yikes! That's an assumption that may cost you if built-in navigation is a must have. Regardless of cost, I'd say an aftermarket navigation head unit isn't a viable option either considering all the vehicle settings accessed via the oem head unit display. Have you spoken to the dealership about trading this one back in for one with navigation? That's probably the option I would take if I were in your shoes and navigation was a must have... Overall, the navigation system in these cars are pretty good, I prefer it over my Lexus and Subaru navigation systems.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We just bought a Luxury model AWD 2017 QX30 and it does not have navigation.
My Mercedes CLA does not have it either. Part of another package.
Can this car do Apple Car Play? That is another way to go to have your GPS on your phone
up on your screen. My 14 CLA cannot do it, but subsequent years can. For me, it's not a big deal
to use my phone, in any case. When I was growing up, we had to use actual maps and walk
10 miles through the house to get to the snow.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 09:44 PM

Garage

No CarPlay support.
Rapidfirerob4 likes this.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 11:53 AM
tt6

I remember always having a bunch of maps stuffed in the pockets behind the seats and going to AAA to get little spiral bound trip tiks for our roadtrips, those were the good old days!

Your house must've had really long hallways to have to walk 10 miles just to get outside! HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob4 View Post
When I was growing up, we had to use actual maps and walk
10 miles through the house to get to the snow.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 12:03 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt6 View Post
I remember always having a bunch of maps stuffed in the pockets behind the seats and going to AAA to get little spiral bound trip tiks for our roadtrips, those were the good old days!
When I bought my first car, my parents gifted me a Thomas Guide. Oh, memories.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 12:46 PM
tt6

How lucky! My parents gave me maps that unfolded into the size of the windshield that could never be folded back up correctly to fit back into the glove box, thus they ended up in the seat back pockets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post
When I bought my first car, my parents gifted me a Thomas Guide. Oh, memories.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page