• 1 Post By MENTaL Dad

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default 2017-Unlock doors upon exit?

My newly acquired 2017 does not unlock when placing vehicle in P and opening the handle. Was there an update for this or do the 2018's do this as well? Seems strange having to manually unlock doors to get out every time.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 12:05 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage

I have a 2018 and the handle does not open the door when it is locked. You must unlock the vehicle before you can open the door. This is documented in the manual: "When the doors are locked ... the doors cannot be opened using the inside or outside door handles. The doors must be unlocked to open the doors."

Also in the manual: "All doors unlock automatically when the ignition is placed in the OFF position." So it's not just putting the vehicle into Park... You must turn it OFF for the auto-unlock to actuate.

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Mine is a 2017 (AWD) and it does unlock just by pressing P, with the car running, I made a video and it is in one of the topics....... I bed there are a few different software on this cars as I am having weird electrical/software related problems with mine; not I have not used the push button for about 2 weeks and no problems at all (?) I am not sure it is just coincidence or what but when was using the push button I got different messages like 4wd not available, could not switch gears, etc (see 4wd not available thread) Infiniti tech line could not figure it out........ I decided give it a try with the normal key and no problems since then ??? will see with the time if it was the push bottom (maybe I got a defective one......)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

Mine does not lock itself... It is always unlocked unless I manually lock it.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthur View Post
Mine is a 2017 (AWD) and it does unlock just by pressing P, with the car running, I made a video and it is in one of the topics....... I bed there are a few different software on this cars as I am having weird electrical/software related problems with mine; not I have not used the push button for about 2 weeks and no problems at all (?) I am not sure it is just coincidence or what but when was using the push button I got different messages like 4wd not available, could not switch gears, etc (see 4wd not available thread) Infiniti tech line could not figure it out........ I decided give it a try with the normal key and no problems since then ??? will see with the time if it was the push bottom (maybe I got a defective one......)
Did yours come with a push button or did you add it after? Maybe the 2017's that did NOT come with push button from factory and those that added after have this issue of doors not automatically unlocking...because all 2018 come with push button and all DO unlock automatically.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiFan View Post
Did yours come with a push button or did you add it after? Maybe the 2017's that did NOT come with push button from factory and those that added after have this issue of doors not automatically unlocking...because all 2018 come with push button and all DO unlock automatically.
No mine did not come with push button (it is a 2017) I added it after; but mine does unlock doors when I press P.
I was having weird problems I bet software related due to a push button I added afterwards, it was showing different messages and the computer was going crazy..... every time I took it to the dealer I would remove the button of course, they re-flashed the ECM and BCM and play with connectors with the help of techline... never figure it out.
I decided to stop using the button (3 weeks now) and no problems since..... I am not sure if I got a defective one from amazon.....
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 03:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by __XIS__ View Post
Mine does not lock itself... It is always unlocked unless I manually lock it.
How did you get yours to do this?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

I bought it used and it was always like this... I have tried to make it lock when I drive and unlock when I park, but I was not successful...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Put the car in ACC mode and press the unlock button on the door for 6 seconds. The car will beep and your doors will no longer lock when you take off. To reverse this, do the same but holding down the lock button.
__XIS__ likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page