Electrical issues - They are at a loss as to the cause - Page 2 - Infiniti QX30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMos View Post
Hello,
sounds like a similar problem. I have 2017 FWD with about 25k miles on it. At first was not able to start the car after driving about 3 hours, although the electric seemed ok...but worked when i jumped a start. I assumed the problem was the battery, so purchased the charger and left it overnight. Next day got a message saying "check coolant level". I brought the car to Inf dealer (still driving fine), after few hours they told me the battery failed, so they changed it.
However a week after I was stuck in the middle of the road, same problem. Electric seems working (radio, lights not deemed , etc) But this time the jump start did not work, as well as the charger did not help. So had to tow it to the nearest dealer, where it is now.
My guess it is a started, doubt that the problem is a bad alternator i.e. low battery (otherwise I presume I would be able to jump a start) or the computer. So to be continued...

Would appreciate any thoughts.

[UPDATE] just got a call from the dealer, they told me its a started, so they order a new one..
Wonder how is that possible for that type of car (Mercedes equipped) and just 3 years old. Is anyone had similar issues?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
[UPDATE] just got a call from the dealer, they told me its a started, so they order a new one..
Wonder how is that possible for that type of car (Mercedes equipped) and just 3 years old. Is anyone had similar issues?
Modern car batteries don't last more than 3-4 years. Some say the quality of the batteries has fallen. There are definitely a LOT more electronics that stress the battery more, and they are more sensitive to voltage fluctuations and power quality, too. It's probably a combination of all those factors, in reality.

Infiniti covers the original battery under your factory warranty -- so it should be free to get exchanged.

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post
Modern car batteries don't last more than 3-4 years. Some say the quality of the batteries has fallen. There are definitely a LOT more electronics that stress the battery more, and they are more sensitive to voltage fluctuations and power quality, too. It's probably a combination of all those factors, in reality.

Infiniti covers the original battery under your factory warranty -- so it should be free to get exchanged.
Thanks, guess you are right, too many electronics these days. Yes, its still under warranty, just makes me nervous..that I can stuck again in the middle of nowhere. Nothing like my old 07 Civic, simple and robust

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Thanks, guess you are right, too many electronics these days. Yes, its still under warranty, just makes me nervous..that I can stuck again in the middle of nowhere.
If you get stuck again, it'll only be your fault. Go get your battery taken care of! A dealer should be testing your battery every service visit, anyway! Replace them before they get so bad that your car won't start.

Quote:
Nothing like my old 07 Civic, simple and robust
You can always go back...

Personally, I'll take the electronics.

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page