Electrical issues - They are at a loss as to the cause - Page 2 - Infiniti QX30 Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 02:56 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMos View Post
Hello,
sounds like a similar problem. I have 2017 FWD with about 25k miles on it. At first was not able to start the car after driving about 3 hours, although the electric seemed ok...but worked when i jumped a start. I assumed the problem was the battery, so purchased the charger and left it overnight. Next day got a message saying "check coolant level". I brought the car to Inf dealer (still driving fine), after few hours they told me the battery failed, so they changed it.
However a week after I was stuck in the middle of the road, same problem. Electric seems working (radio, lights not deemed , etc) But this time the jump start did not work, as well as the charger did not help. So had to tow it to the nearest dealer, where it is now.
My guess it is a started, doubt that the problem is a bad alternator i.e. low battery (otherwise I presume I would be able to jump a start) or the computer. So to be continued...


Would appreciate any thoughts.


[UPDATE] just got a call from the dealer, they told me its a started, so they order a new one..
Wonder how is that possible for that type of car (Mercedes equipped) and just 3 years old. Is anyone had similar issues?
DMos is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Senior Member
 
p07r0457's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMos View Post
[UPDATE] just got a call from the dealer, they told me its a started, so they order a new one..
Wonder how is that possible for that type of car (Mercedes equipped) and just 3 years old. Is anyone had similar issues?
Modern car batteries don't last more than 3-4 years. Some say the quality of the batteries has fallen. There are definitely a LOT more electronics that stress the battery more, and they are more sensitive to voltage fluctuations and power quality, too. It's probably a combination of all those factors, in reality.

Infiniti covers the original battery under your factory warranty -- so it should be free to get exchanged.

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White
p07r0457 is online now  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 05:53 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post
Modern car batteries don't last more than 3-4 years. Some say the quality of the batteries has fallen. There are definitely a LOT more electronics that stress the battery more, and they are more sensitive to voltage fluctuations and power quality, too. It's probably a combination of all those factors, in reality.

Infiniti covers the original battery under your factory warranty -- so it should be free to get exchanged.
Thanks, guess you are right, too many electronics these days. Yes, its still under warranty, just makes me nervous..that I can stuck again in the middle of nowhere. Nothing like my old 07 Civic, simple and robust
DMos is offline  
 
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Senior Member
 
p07r0457's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMos View Post
Thanks, guess you are right, too many electronics these days. Yes, its still under warranty, just makes me nervous..that I can stuck again in the middle of nowhere.
If you get stuck again, it'll only be your fault. Go get your battery taken care of! A dealer should be testing your battery every service visit, anyway! Replace them before they get so bad that your car won't start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMos View Post
Nothing like my old 07 Civic, simple and robust
You can always go back...

Personally, I'll take the electronics.

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White
p07r0457 is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome