LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Panoramic Moonroof - rattle sound

Hello everyone,

I got my 2018 QX30 Premium AWD about 4 weeks ago and loving it. But the metal bar going across the Panoramic Moonroof makes a rattling sound. I haven't called the dealer about this yet, but I figured someone might have had the same issue and fixed it. I was thinking of putting some soft foam the metal bar. Any ideas?

Thanks
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

I am not hearing any rattles from that bar but I have a few spots where I hear rattles on bumpy road. (driver side dashboard speaker vent + driver side seat belt)

The car is 5 months old today.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

thanks for the reply... i am going to call the dealer and have them fix it.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Hopefully they can do something about it. I've seen a few scenarios where cars make a rattling noise and the dealership just can't figure out a way to fix it or make it stop even after completely replacing parts. Be sure to let us know if they remedy it and how they got it done.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
Hopefully they can do something about it. I've seen a few scenarios where cars make a rattling noise and the dealership just can't figure out a way to fix it or make it stop even after completely replacing parts. Be sure to let us know if they remedy it and how they got it done.
sometimes that's a case of the car maker not having figured out what solution could be which makes the experience very frustrating for both us and dealerships, so it might just be a matter of patience for us instead of pressing dealers for an answer...although some might know of their own ways to fix it... just nothing official from a TSB
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have a similar issue. My really bad rattles are coming from the back of the moonroof corners on both sides. I took it to the dealer and they adjusted some clamps but it didn't fix it. Waiting for more clamps to come in so they can add the extra clamps. Have you taken yours to the dealer yet?
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 12:30 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I've begun to notice recently - more so when I have the audio cranked up - rattling coming from the area near the door pillars. At one point I thought the passenger seat belt was causing the noise when stowed in its resting position, but I ruled that theory out when I had a passenger riding along. To be quite honest, the longer I own my QX30 the more disappointed I become at Infiniti's poor attention to detail with this particular vehicle. smh
Chris92SE likes this.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have my QX30 for about 2 weeks now and I also noticed the rattle from the panoramic roof. I thought it was the rear seat head rests. It really is noticeable when I go over bumps . Not sure if It is coming from the center rail or the corners of the moonroof. Pretty annoying. Wonder what dealer can do.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemRock View Post
thanks for the reply... i am going to call the dealer and have them fix it.
I have the same problem. Did the dealer fix it? I also was thinking of shoving a firm foam piece between the bar and the moonroof to stop the rattle. It stops rattling when I hold the bar or place slightly upward pressure on it.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 12:42 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemRock View Post
Hello everyone,

I got my 2018 QX30 Premium AWD about 4 weeks ago and loving it. But the metal bar going across the Panoramic Moonroof makes a rattling sound. I haven't called the dealer about this yet, but I figured someone might have had the same issue and fixed it. I was thinking of putting some soft foam the metal bar. Any ideas?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajenelson View Post
I have a similar issue. My really bad rattles are coming from the back of the moonroof corners on both sides. I took it to the dealer and they adjusted some clamps but it didn't fix it. Waiting for more clamps to come in so they can add the extra clamps. Have you taken yours to the dealer yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by philloliveira View Post
I've begun to notice recently - more so when I have the audio cranked up - rattling coming from the area near the door pillars. At one point I thought the passenger seat belt was causing the noise when stowed in its resting position, but I ruled that theory out when I had a passenger riding along. To be quite honest, the longer I own my QX30 the more disappointed I become at Infiniti's poor attention to detail with this particular vehicle. smh
Quote:
Originally Posted by den110 View Post
I have my QX30 for about 2 weeks now and I also noticed the rattle from the panoramic roof. I thought it was the rear seat head rests. It really is noticeable when I go over bumps . Not sure if It is coming from the center rail or the corners of the moonroof. Pretty annoying. Wonder what dealer can do.

Sadly, I noticed this rattle on the drivers side of the sunroof support beam at about 30 miles and also a small rattle inside of my rear drivers side door panel, a crackle in my front tweeter speakers at any volume and moisture inside of both of my headlights. The dealership stated that the headlight moisture was "normal" which is a little bit strange, that the tweeter noise could just be a weak radio station (although it makes this noise on any station and most songs) They put some foam pieces inside of my rear door panel and inside of my sunroof, and the next day the sunroof rattle came back twice as bad as before. I'll take it back one more time to give them another shot but it looks like i'll probably be fixing it myself! Lol.
Did anyone figure anything out with theirs?

'18 Infiniti QX30 Sport - Graphite Shadow
'90 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR - Dark Blue Pearl
'93 Mazda RX7 FD, Rocket Bunny, Turbo LS, Endless Mods, 1k+ HP - Mint Green "Pistachio"
'10 Dodge Challenger SRT8, Liberty Walk, Kenne Bell, Nitrous, Slicks, Endless mods, 1k+ HP - Gunmetal "Killmode"
'07 CBR 1000RR, Endless Mods - Purple/White

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page