• 1 Post By p07r0457

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default New Widnshield

I took delivery of my QX30 about 4 month ago. After a few weeks I noticed thousands of small specks in the windshield that could not be cleaned off. I finally took it in for its first oil change on Saturday and mentioned this to the service writer. Found out today Infinity is installing a new windshield. Just the mere fact that Infinity did not have to come out an look at it, tells me that this may be a problem they are having with the QX30. Does anyone else have this problem?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

What sort of specks?

I've had my QX30 for almost 4 months. I keep finding spots on the inside of my windshield - as if it had been sprayed by a sneeze or opening a can of soda, but neither of those has happened. I can wipe them off. My best guess is the HVAC system is spewing something on occasion.

Clearly, this is not the same issue as yours. Still, there's something else going on that routinely has me thinking my windshield is "dirty" when it shouldn't be; very odd.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Were the specks of stuff on the inside of the windshield or on the outside of the windshield?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

You might want to try rubbing those spots with steel wool and some water to see if it will come off although I don't know why that would be their. Or you could even try taking it to a detailer for a second opinion if its removable.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 2018 and I have replaced the windshield 2xs since taking ownership (new) Jan 4,2018. First windshield 2 weeks after purchase a small rock hit windshield when driving, it cracked and ran down and across the screen. The 2nd was exactly 1 year after owning car was parked while at work went out to car and wind shield cracked under passenger side windshield wiper no impact point nothing hit windshield. Took to the dealership they couldn’t help me said I had to contact customer care corporate. They wouldn’t help me and were EXTREMELY rude! I replaced it again and each time were OEM part ordered by Infiniti replaced at the garage they told me to take it to. This one has dings all over the glass. What is wrong with the glass on these cars totally do not feel safe driving it!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Garage

You said the factory windshield was hit with a rock and that caused the first crack. That isn't Infiniti's fault.

Once you replace the windshield, the installation quality is important. If the windshield cracked and it wasn't from impact then it was most likely from poor installation. You'd need to take that concern to whatever vendor did the install.
Rapidfirerob4 likes this.

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
Were the specks of stuff on the inside of the windshield or on the outside of the windshield?
They were in the glass

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page