User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default remote start

After speaking with Infiniti and my dealer it looks like I need to go after market. I called a local car audio retailer and they use three different companies for remote start (Viper with Smart start etc)...according to him they do not have anything for the QX30 as of now. He is not sure if he needs to use a Nissan or Mercedes platform and doesn't want to guess and fry something electronic. So I have to check back every month to see if anything came out yet.
Has anyone on the forum installed a remote start yet? If so, which model was used. Thanks!!!
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drace99 View Post
After speaking with Infiniti and my dealer it looks like I need to go after market. I called a local car audio retailer and they use three different companies for remote start (Viper with Smart start etc)...according to him they do not have anything for the QX30 as of now. He is not sure if he needs to use a Nissan or Mercedes platform and doesn't want to guess and fry something electronic. So I have to check back every month to see if anything came out yet.
Has anyone on the forum installed a remote start yet? If so, which model was used. Thanks!!!

I'm having no luck either with this. I've looked around and talked to various aftermarket places who have no idea.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

I have remote start function on all of my cars... It works most of the time.

I simply tell my son to go start the car.

Sorry...
Zee likes this.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
See the first post in this thread: https://www.infinitiqx30.org/forum/qx...ton-start.html

Adding push button start is as easy as ordering a $35 part online and plugging it into the ignition switch.
When I picked up my QX30, I complained about not having the push button start. The salesman was on his game and told me they would be coming out with a fix for this (basically, they would be offering the part that plugs into the ignition switch). As many of you found out, you can order the Mercedes version for $35 online.

However, the Infiniti dealers now have them available. I just received mine via UPS from my dealer. The salesman told me to include that (in writing) on the contract, which I did. If you are getting a QX30 on the lot without it, or know someone that is, might be a good idea to bring this up. I read on here that they would have a 2017.5 that already has it, so I'm not sure how much help I am giving here...haha
Jcbama85 likes this.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrack View Post
I have remote start function on all of my cars... It works most of the time.

I simply tell my son to go start the car.

Sorry...
haha that's the best, along with their ability to turn on the heat and adjust things. Kids love doing that sort of stuff. At least they can fill in for now till AI takes over.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I ordered one and it works great. I left it in when the dealer installed the remote starter and they didn't even mention it. The only change when you push it to turn off the car, the endive stops, but the radio And interior lights stay on until toy open the door. So nice not have to dig my keys out to start it after years olf conditioning ti just reach for the button to start my car.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 05:46 PM

Just got mine back from dealer and it took almost a week to do it. I guess it requires taking a bunch of things apart in order to access where the starter goes. It was an expensive undertaking. They said that was the first and last one their dealership will put in QX30. Good thing mine was the first and it was in the lease agreement.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Garrett View Post
Just got mine back from dealer and it took almost a week to do it. I guess it requires taking a bunch of things apart in order to access where the starter goes. It was an expensive undertaking. They said that was the first and last one their dealership will put in QX30. Good thing mine was the first and it was in the lease agreement.

That's great news I suppose. Can you elaborate a little bit? How did they do it? What did it cost?
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I went next door to the Mercedes Benz dealership in Orland Park. Bought the push button piece for $40, inserted into the ignition switch, said a little prayer, pushed the button...There is a God!! Started like a charm.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 01:37 PM

Just got the push to start buttom from Amazon......works great!

If you google push to start qx 30 push to start You Tube you'll see how easy it is.

I tried sending the link but the forum would not let me, too new I quess.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page