QX30 Boost Controller - Page 7 - Infiniti QX30 Forum
User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Thanks, good information. Appreciate your knowledge.
post #62 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post

K&N filters are absolute junk.
100% good knowledge there, Honestly p07r0457, I have always done aftermarket filters for my vehicles especially turbo platforms. Green filter works a million times better than K&N, it's a cotton element structure but set up alot like your OEM paper element is. No oiling and all that, cleanable and just need to dry and reinstall. No filter is magically going to give you HP/TRQ numbers outside of the construct of the rest of the system, but I'm with you a million percent K&N is expensive junk you have to upkeep.
post #63 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

Regardless of some opinions, I have been using K&N filters for over 35 years on my cars, my wife’s and my kids too with nothing but good things to say.

post #64 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 02:10 PM
tt6

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

I agree with p07r0457. K&N filters are not something I would ever recommend for any car, period. Especially any stock or close to stock power level car. If you have ever rebuilt an engine that has run an extended time on a K&N air filter, you've seen scored cylinder walls that can only be attributed to sub par air intake filtration.

For these cars, just run an oem filter and replace it with a new one as needed. No one on here is even close to pushing these engines that the air intake is a bottleneck or even close to it. Yes, a K&N will flow more, but at what cost, worse filtration, simple physics. Will you really notice a difference at these power levels...NO. If you think you can tell the difference of 1-2 tenths of a second in a race, sorry to say but you are only fooling yourself. I've even raced at a 1/4 mile track without an air filter in other cars and that's the difference, on a 500rwhp turbocharged car...
post #65 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 09:44 PM

Well, I installed the DV+ and the Dinan. I didn’t see any changes in the power band. Still saw a difference when switching from E and S, which tells me that the dinan wasn’t engaged. I thought maybe the app wasn’t connected so it wasn’t working. Disconnected the dinan and started over paying special attention to the directions. Got it reconnected and after that my check engine light came on. I then decided to take both off and go back to stock and the check engine light is still on. Frustrating.
post #66 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 10:15 PM

I thought to look more closely at the dinan itself and it looks like the wrong controller is in the package. I’ll be contacting dinan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7D2D71D2-C4A9-4939-AF72-32A1910970B8_1531790089596.jpeg (485.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpeg 368E2FB3-535E-441A-A663-1D0FF1134C5A_1531790104835.jpeg (373.0 KB, 38 views)
post #67 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 05:01 PM

I reached out to Dinan and Nathan was really helpful.

He confirmed that was the correct part number on the unit and the part number that is ordered is the kit part number.

He also helped out with the CEL being on. Said it would resolve after a couple of start cycles, which it did. He said to make sure the key fob is not in range when the unit plugged into the vehicle.

Also said that the recommendation is to run the car in sport mode and that the performance of the car will still change if you switch from eco mode to sport mode.

I hooked it back up based on his recommendations and put the DV+ back in. Went for a little drive. Feels better for sure, but want to be able to open it up to really see.
post #68 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 04:48 PM

regardless of some opinions, I have been using K&N filters on multiple cars for over 35 yrs without one single solitary issue. A couple of the cars I have driven over 10 yrs and my EX35 has had one for 8 yrs, the same one. I will continue. It is usually one of the first things I do when it is time to replace a filter. I also like their oil filters, but I don't use them exclusively like the air filters.
I have not mentioned 'power' or any other benefits other than I like them, I like to maintain them myself and I don't like to buy more than one for the life of the car. Batting 1000.0 with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt6 View Post
I agree with p07r0457. K&N filters are not something I would ever recommend for any car, period. Especially any stock or close to stock power level car. If you have ever rebuilt an engine that has run an extended time on a K&N air filter, you've seen scored cylinder walls that can only be attributed to sub par air intake filtration.

For these cars, just run an oem filter and replace it with a new one as needed. No one on here is even close to pushing these engines that the air intake is a bottleneck or even close to it. Yes, a K&N will flow more, but at what cost, worse filtration, simple physics. Will you really notice a difference at these power levels...NO. If you think you can tell the difference of 1-2 tenths of a second in a race, sorry to say but you are only fooling yourself. I've even raced at a 1/4 mile track without an air filter in other cars and that's the difference, on a 500rwhp turbocharged car...
post #69 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by __XIS__ View Post
regardless of some opinions, I have been using K&N filters on multiple cars for over 35 yrs without one single solitary issue.
The irony is that this is YOUR opinion.

The FACT is that K&N does not filter as well. This has been demonstrated/proven many times.

The FACT is that K&N does not improve power. They have failed to provide any evidence to support a claim that it does.

So you can keep your "opinion" that it works for you. I'm happy that you're happy. But don't confuse your opinion with SCIENCE/FACT, which does NOT favor that K&N crap.

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White
post #70 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 01:22 AM

@p07r0457 Well you can keep your opinion and I can keep mine. It’s just arrogant and it is an opinion. The arrogant part isn’t necessarily an opinion. Leans more to fact with everything I read from you

Last edited by __XIS__; 07-19-2018 at 01:27 AM.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page