5Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage

My emails with Dinan have moved up the chain. One of their engineers reached out to me and said he's been trying to test Infiniti and Lexus turbos with their equipment. But alas, I'm not local (I'm in GA). Anyone here local to the Morgan Hill area of California? If so, Dinan would like to test your QX30 with their tuner. They said if I passed on a volunteer and the results check out, they'd send me a tuner gratis. I suspect they'd most definitely give another tuner to the person who volunteered their QX30 (I said as much in my response). Just passing on the word... Let me know if you're in their area and would be up for it, and I'll put you in contact. If you want to map it:

Dinan Corporation
865 Jarvis Drive
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
pavy likes this.
post #12 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittylit View Post
My emails with Dinan have moved up the chain. One of their engineers reached out to me and said he's been trying to test Infiniti and Lexus turbos with their equipment. But alas, I'm not local (I'm in GA). Anyone here local to the Morgan Hill area of California? If so, Dinan would like to test your QX30 with their tuner. They said if I passed on a volunteer and the results check out, they'd send me a tuner gratis. I suspect they'd most definitely give another tuner to the person who volunteered their QX30 (I said as much in my response). Just passing on the word... Let me know if you're in their area and would be up for it, and I'll put you in contact. If you want to map it:

Dinan Corporation
865 Jarvis Drive
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Nice!

Hopefully someone here will take up the opportunity. But being a vehicle you can likely find as a rental, that might be something they can do aside from waiting for an owner. Hertz should be one of them.
post #13 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 02:44 PM

Garage

I will add that the engineer did confirm and agrees to give the customer who volunteers their car a free tuner as well.

post #14 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 03:30 PM

Garage

Funny you say that, Infiniti_Guy. I suggested the same thing to them. Just go rent one. Or, if they know anyone with an Infiniti, next time they get it serviced and get a loaner, get a QX30 and just test it.

Giggity.
post #15 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 07:14 PM

Garage

Janten, could I forward your info to Dinan? Would you be interested in working with them to verify that the piggyback works correctly with the QX30. They are willing to work with me remotely, but since you've already installed it, you might be able to offer immediate results?

Thanks

Giggity.
post #16 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 01:44 PM

Garage

I have another question about this piggyback. Does it interfere with the built-in driving modes on the QX30? The QX30 has eco, sport, and manual. As I understand it, the piggyback has a Dinan app you use to control it by setting the piggyback to different modes, similar to the built-in ones (I believe the piggyback has a sport mode too?). So... are there conflicts? If you set the QX30 in eco mode but the piggyback is in sport mode, who wins? Do you need to set the piggyback to sport AND the QX30 to sport mode? And are there other modes on the piggyback that aren't one of the QX30 modes?

Giggity.
post #17 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 08:11 PM

Garage

Alright, y'all, this thread has been dead for a bit, but Dinan sent me the tuner. I may chicken out. I'm really nervous to be their beta tester. They've been really cool to me though. If I tap out of this, is there anyone in the Atlanta area that's interested? I can pass on the tuner and put you in contact with the Dinan engineer. I know, I know... it's just this is the first new car I've had since 2004 and I'm not sure I want to risk it. Though, if this is truly the same motor as the GLA, then there shouldn't been an issue. Plus, it sounds like, worst case scenario, the ECU will through a warning that the tuner is too aggressive and put the car in safe mode.

Giggity.
post #18 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 08:14 PM

Garage

Another thought... the GLA AMG is 375 HP and 26.1 (!) psi for the turbo boost. If that is the same 2.0 liter turbo and can handle that much stress, can the QX30 2.0 not handle the boost pressure increase from the Dinan tuner that doesn't even come close to 26.1 psi?

Giggity.
post #19 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 11:17 AM

Garage

Hi, Janteen, still have tuner on the car? How's it going with it so far? I've still got mine and about 92% sure I'm putting it on (even service manager at dealership said he'd do it). Just curious...

Perhaps you could post pic of where it actually goes? Were you able to zip tie it to keep it in place?

Giggity.
post #20 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittylit View Post
Another thought... the GLA AMG is 375 HP and 26.1 (!) psi for the turbo boost. If that is the same 2.0 liter turbo and can handle that much stress, can the QX30 2.0 not handle the boost pressure increase from the Dinan tuner that doesn't even come close to 26.1 psi?
Are we sure the AMG is just a different tune? I always assumed there were different parts -- possibly a different turbo, or engine internals -- to reliably support more power.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page