Originally Posted by Smittylit
Numbering relating to the original post in this thread:
1. Mine as at the dealership right now and I've requested this be changed. They said it can be done/reprogrammed, but only by them not the customer.
2. This already occurs for me as is. Take the keys out shut the door, the lights stay on for about 15 seconds.
3. This already occurs for me as is.
5. This already occurs for me as is, sort of. Parking brake is not automatically engaged, but put car in R or D, hit the gas, the parking break is automatically disengaged.
Holding the button instead of just pressing it once for the memory seats. Yes, wtf? That is annoying as ****.
Ha, this site automatically edits out your cuss words and replaces them with *'s.
Originally Posted by Jcbama85
Well done Smitty thanks
1. I was told by my dealer (sales manager) last week it was a 'safety feature' and couldn't be changed on the QX30. My BS meter pegged the needle on that one. I'm going in soon for them to install my license plates (Texas requires front and back and they have to install the front plate holder) so I'll ask the service manager. Let us know what you find out.
2. Same as yours
3. Same as yours
4. Love your "MEH"
5. Same as yours
And I wholeheartedly agree about holding the memory seat number instead of just pushing it. To quote the guys from ESPN Monday Night Football Pregame: "C'mon Man!"
These topics are great! Let's keep them going.
1. I hope they can program the auto-unlock. Smiity: be sure to share the dealer notes on this forum to prove that it is possible for the rest of us.
2. My daylight running LEDs remain on for a moment, but not headlights. Do you guys have the LED Package? If so, do your headlights (i.e., low beams) stay on after getting out of the car?
3. Illumination in the cabin. Maybe they do remain on for a few seconds, but I may have never noticed. The black interior can feel, well, dark.
4. You guys don't know what you're meh-ing at.
The auto-hold feature is very convenient. Once you get accustomed to it, you can't go back to pressing the brake pedal at a red light like a plebeian. Even the new Civics have this feature!
5. I want the convenience of an automatic parking brake that sets when I park and turn off the engine. Not that our cars have a manual transmission, but I want to avoid the lurch forward that occurs when you sometimes put the car in park, turn off the engine, and disengage the brakes (serious first world problems!). Also, if I recall correctly, the owner's manual states that the parking brake engages when the car comes to a stop using the ICC. I've experienced the car come to a full stop, but shouldn't the brake light appear on the dashboard?