2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default MINI Countryman VS Infiniti QX30

BMW Blog has posted an interesting matchup between QX30 2-liter 4-cylinder turbocharged engine making 208 HP and 258 lb-ft (350 Nm) of torque. and MINI Countryman Cooper S comes with a 2-liter 4-cylinder turbocharged engine making 189 HP and 207 lb-ft (280 Nm) of torque, all-wheel drive and a 6-speed Aisin-sourced gearbox. They put two rivals on the drag track to see who will be a winner in this type of competition. To check it out go here --> bmwblog.com/2017/11/13/german-proxy-war-mini-countryman-drag-races-infiniti-qx30/
Zee likes this.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Never thought of putting the two into a sort of proxy war between the BMW X1 and Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 until now. Maybe Infiniti will look at this for the new QX30 update and fix that turbo lag.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 03:29 PM

But the Mini Countryman is just a Mini with four doors, hard to compare it to a high sitting crossover like the Q30, though i do admit their design looks pretty great.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRoad View Post
But the Mini Countryman is just a Mini with four doors, hard to compare it to a high sitting crossover like the Q30, though i do admit their design looks pretty great.
New MINI Countryman's platform is based on X1, so it has the similar sitting height as BMW X1.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

But even that could change since its the easiest of all platform related things they have to work with. Some car makers have platforms so diverse that models in complete different segments could both sit on them.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti_Guy View Post
But even that could change since its the easiest of all platform related things they have to work with. Some car makers have platforms so diverse that models in complete different segments could both sit on them.
Right - but X1 vs CMS was simply ctrl + c and then ctrl + v type of work.

My son needed a small SUV, so we cross-shopped X1 and CMS. They were very identical twins. It wasn't like Golf vs Tiguan. It was X1 vs X1.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrack View Post
Right - but X1 vs CMS was simply ctrl + c and then ctrl + v type of work.

My son needed a small SUV, so we cross-shopped X1 and CMS. They were very identical twins. It wasn't like Golf vs Tiguan. It was X1 vs X1.
So what did your son end up with? I test drove BMW X1 once and it didn't impress me at all, can't say anything about CMS though.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaif View Post
So what did your son end up with? I test drove BMW X1 once and it didn't impress me at all, can't say anything about CMS though.
I agree. I test drove both X1 and new CMS, and didn't like both. My son liked X1. I am sure he liked the badge, so I got him a Range Rover Discovery. He doesn't like it, but I like it and I am paying for it. lol

Now he has the biggest car in my house, so I page him every time I am at the Lowes.

Last edited by fastrack; 12-07-2017 at 03:53 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrack View Post
Now he has the biggest car in my house, so I page him every time I am at the Lowes.
As is expected.
The Range Rover Discovery is a great car and actually piqued my interest, but the car was just too large for me and my Lowes-less life. The QX30's more compact size is easier to deal with.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRoad View Post
As is expected.
The Range Rover Discovery is a great car and actually piqued my interest, but the car was just too large for me and my Lowes-less life. The QX30's more compact size is easier to deal with.
Yes, it is HUGE, and the trunk space is ridiculously spacious w/o the 3rd row option. So far, my son is OK driving it, and he hasn't hit anything yet. #knockonwood

Overall, I like my QX30 more than the Discovery. It is relatively quick w/ great gas mileage, easy to park plus cheap insurance/maintenance. There is only one thing I am jealous at my son. He can start his engine using his phone (Land Rover InControl), and his front windshield is heated.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page