User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Talking Test drove today! 9/1/16

My dealer received two cars, I test drove the AWD & I personally loved it! My husband also drove it and was impressed too. It is actually roomier inside than I had an impression of (from others test driving), had more "pep" than I expected (I recently test drove the Lexus NX 4cy turbo too...and the QX30 was better!). Overall, the outside seemed a tad bit smaller than I imagined but bigger on the inside? Yes!....not referring to the tiny backseat, nor the smaller than expected cargo space...but ample & with the seats down, more than I'll need anyway.

There are NO programs yet....so a $44K (loaded Premium AWD) car it's about $600/mo....SO, I have to wait for a program to get this car. They DO have the actual brochure available too!

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

How was it on those NY roads? Does it absorb all those imperfections enough or did you find it to be a bit too sensitive?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Compared to what? I'm driving the M37x now which is a very smooth drive. The QX30 was more like my G37x. I can say the brakes on the QX30 are SUPER tight (stops 20 shorter than the GLA).

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I came away with similar impression w/ regard to space inside.

It looks like the cars are rolling into dealers from east to west. We're still waiting, but should be showing up tomorrow or the next day.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive an AWD Q50 Red Sport. Also in the garage is a 1960 Bugeye Sprite.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Tight brakes are great, tighter the better as far as I'm concerned since I'm used to driving cars with crappy brakes that doesn't feel like they're doing much.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

First two showed up on my day off (Wednesday). I called a couple customers and told them to come in yesterday. I sold the one we'd planned to use as a demo (loaded AWD Graphite Shadow/Graphite). Now we have a strippy FWD one as a demo until more arrive in the next few days. I also took an order for a FWD loaded with White interior and Malbec exterior. It should look awesome when it is clean.

I'm a salesperson at an
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive an AWD Q50 Red Sport. Also in the garage is a 1960 Bugeye Sprite.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

how are you guys and your customers liking the FWD system?
hopefully it's the type that doesn't obviously feel FWD.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

PLEASE post pictures of the Malbec in the sun.....so we can see that hue of purple? burgundy? eggplant? Thank you!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Default Test Drove the QX30 Loaded Version Today

We stopped by the Fife Washington dealership today and was surprised to see two QX30s. We test drove the fully loaded model and really enjoyed the ride. There were a couple things that we couldn't get direct answers from the sales staff since they are still learning the car. We looked on line and the car is now on the website.

The window sticker states Forward Collision Braking. We didn't see the car icon (we have the QX60 fully loaded and when the system is activated, you see a small car icon that lights up when you are close to another vehicle). We didn't try to push our luck and try to follow someone close enough to see if the car would stop. Does anyone know if this car will come to a complete stop like other Infiniti models?

It doesn't appear that it has the backup collision system. Surprised that Infiniti would put out this model without it since they are putting it on other vehicles. Does anyone know if it actually has it? Surprised that there isn't an opening sun room. The back seat room is small as one would expect but not a deal breaker for us. We finally figured out how the auto parking worked for parallel parking but couldn't figure out if it would park itself in a lined parking stall.

The overall impression was good. It was pretty close to what we anticipated with all the preliminary information from the past two years. Plenty of power, very comfortable seats and excellent seat adjustments, adequate cargo space for a small car, and the infotainment and navigation systems were very good.

We may hold out for 6 months to a year to see if there are any trends with this new vehicle. The price point is good but I know there won't be any great deals for some time. I think this is going to be a hot seller for Infiniti.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Bob,

Very observant. You're right. This car doesn't have the exact same suite of Tech/Safety features as a Q50 or QX60.

The car has Forward Emergency Braking, but this is not the same as Distance Control Assist found in some Infinitis. DCA is very proactive and will slow the car if you're getting too close. The QX30 has Intelligent Cruise Control - which functions in a similar manner - but does not have DCA. FEB is designed to be a last-ditch effort to lessen the impact of a collision by slowing you at the last minute - not an autonomous braking feature like DCA.

And no, the QX30 does not offer Backup Collision Intervention. BCI is an awesome function that Infiniti has had in vehicles since 2012 with the JX35. It wouldn't surprise me to see this added to the QX30 at some point in the future. But for now I think there were some limitations on which safety functions they were able to implement - remember that underneath, there is still a ton of Mercedes Benz DNA in this car. I think Infiniti made great improvements over the MB (around view monitor, navi screen that looks like it belongs in the dash rather than an afterthought, etc.). But for a while, it will still feel like a Benz to some degree (seat adjusters on the door, must press the unlock button when getting out, etc.).

I'm a salesperson at an

You can PM or

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page