LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
Bob,

Very observant. You're right. This car doesn't have the exact same suite of Tech/Safety features as a Q50 or QX60.

The car has Forward Emergency Braking, but this is not the same as Distance Control Assist found in some Infinitis. DCA is very proactive and will slow the car if you're getting too close. The QX30 has Intelligent Cruise Control - which functions in a similar manner - but does not have DCA. FEB is designed to be a last-ditch effort to lessen the impact of a collision by slowing you at the last minute - not an autonomous braking feature like DCA.

And no, the QX30 does not offer Backup Collision Intervention. BCI is an awesome function that Infiniti has had in vehicles since 2012 with the JX35. It wouldn't surprise me to see this added to the QX30 at some point in the future. But for now I think there were some limitations on which safety functions they were able to implement - remember that underneath, there is still a ton of Mercedes Benz DNA in this car. I think Infiniti made great improvements over the MB (around view monitor, navi screen that looks like it belongs in the dash rather than an afterthought, etc.). But for a while, it will still feel like a Benz to some degree (seat adjusters on the door, must press the unlock button when getting out, etc.).
having to press the unlock button to exit has been my biggest pet peeve on the car so far.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by q50aggie View Post
having to press the unlock button to exit has been my biggest pet peeve on the car so far.
Mine too. Pisses me off every time I go to get out of the car.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive an AWD Q50 Red Sport. Also in the garage is a 1960 Bugeye Sprite.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page