LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
tt6

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default sunglass storage

Why is there no storage for sunglasses in this car? Is my only option a sunglass visor clip that indents the visor permanently?
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Zee

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Storage in this car is humorously underwhelming. Maybe take advantage of the front passenger seat storage box?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 9.30.21 PM.png (31.2 KB, 39 views)

2017 QX30 Premium AWD - Exterior: Black Obsidian - Interior: Graphite
Technology Package - Moonroof - LED Package - Navigation Package
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I put mine in the USB storage slot under the navigation. Gotta keep it open tho

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
tt6

(Thread Starter)

I tried the passenger seat storage but it's a far reach and not convenient to access while driving. What is that storage box actually designed for? I just have a pen and a post-it pad in there since a few napkins seemed to fill up the glove box...

I'm afraid the USB storage slot will scratch the lens so I've been keeping the sunglass carry case in the door pocket and use that but that requires 2 hands so not too convenient either.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Zee

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt6 View Post
I tried the passenger seat storage but it's a far reach and not convenient to access while driving. What is that storage box actually designed for? I just have a pen and a post-it pad in there since a few napkins seemed to fill up the glove box...

I'm afraid the USB storage slot will scratch the lens so I've been keeping the sunglass carry case in the door pocket and use that but that requires 2 hands so not too convenient either.
In my previous Mercedes-Benz, the passenger seat storage held a first aid kit.

2017 QX30 Premium AWD - Exterior: Black Obsidian - Interior: Graphite
Technology Package - Moonroof - LED Package - Navigation Package
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage

You could just keep it in its case in the center console. That's probably what I'm going to end up doing. I'll admit the storage in this car is lacking, but I'm taking this as an opportunity to minimize what I carry in my car. When I emptied out my old car, I literally filled a huge duffel bag, not counting a 3 foot snow scrapper and a golf umbrella.
Zee likes this.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
tt6

(Thread Starter)

My center console is already full... My wife daily drives this car so her sunglass case along with some handy wipes already filled it up.

I was hoping to find some type of clip or compartment that mounts above the rear view mirror where the oem compartments usually are. I have some ideas but prefer a plug and play solution.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

I've been keeping mine in the case in the driver door storage compartment.

I agree that I am finding the storage to be lacking and not very well thought out, especially compared to my previous car (2015 Subaru Impreza).

The Subaru had storage in the doors designed for a water bottle, storage in the console designed for a cell phone and USB ports under the armrest. The ones in the "ashtray" on the QX30 are too close to the lid, so anytime I use a thumb drive, I have to keep the lid in the up position.
pavy likes this.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
tt6

(Thread Starter)

I have a 2017 WRX as my daily driver and the only additional storage area it has that the QX30 doesn't is the tray console under the navigation screen and temp controls...? It doesn't have a sunglass storage compartment either but I use that center tray console for my sunglasses and usually keep my phone in one of the center cup holders behind the shifter. Granted the WRX glove box is significantly bigger and the door pockets seem wider as well but there is no storage compartment under the passenger seat like the QX30. I get annoyed at any car without a built in sunglass storage compartment and that is usually one of the first things I look for when riding in other cars...

Have you tried a micro USB drive in the QX30? It looks like there is enough room to close it but I haven't tried one yet. I'll have to get the one out of my WRX and try it in the QX30 this weekend.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt6 View Post
I have a 2017 WRX as my daily driver and the only additional storage area it has that the QX30 doesn't is the tray console under the navigation screen and temp controls...? It doesn't have a sunglass storage compartment either but I use that center tray console for my sunglasses and usually keep my phone in one of the center cup holders behind the shifter. Granted the WRX glove box is significantly bigger and the door pockets seem wider as well but there is no storage compartment under the passenger seat like the QX30. I get annoyed at any car without a built in sunglass storage compartment and that is usually one of the first things I look for when riding in other cars...

Have you tried a micro USB drive in the QX30? It looks like there is enough room to close it but I haven't tried one yet. I'll have to get the one out of my WRX and try it in the QX30 this weekend.
Wow you have a WRX q50 and qx30?? What else do you have? Lol

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page