5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Dinantronics Sport Tuner / Boost controller

For those of you that have Dinantronics installed, they recently updated the app. The modes are much easier to select and know at a glance what mode you are in, but the real-time boost gauge is missing. Hopefully they fix that little bug, but even if they didn't, it is a nice improvement.
Dinantronics has been the best and most enjoyable $300 I have spent on her.
https://www.dinancars.com/products/?...=Sport+Utility
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

for everyone - I am evaluating an AMG 45 or a qx30 (yes the same car but -that engine)
I live at 5500 feet and drive up the hill a lot

how much HP has anyone seen gotten safely out the "enhanced" 2.0 t in the Qx 30

Dinan chip
turbo valve
then maybe a cool air intake ?

easier mods - not full exhaust or turbo
does it just feel better ? Any dyno tests ? Or if feels like 30-50 more hp?

Thank you in advance for the update
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I love the extra HP & torque from that simple little Dinan plug in, but it still does not remotely come close to an AMG 45. I have never had any car dyno'd. They (Dinan) claim an increase of up to 30 HP and 40 lbs of torque. You can definitely tell it has more power, but I couldn't tell you actual numbers. I am more than glad I have it and would buy it again if I had to do it over.
My minor mods are that my QX30 has Dinantronics, a K&N drop in and a resonator delete. I am more than happy with performance and smile every time I drive it.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

perfect answer - thank you

I ( like others) will go with the Dinan plug in -improved air filter and a good idea
remove the resonator ....less back pressure

anything else is big $$ and extensive mods
__XIS__ likes this.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gougler View Post
I ( like others) will go with the Dinan plug in -improved air filter and a good idea
remove the resonator ....less back pressure
AFAIK, no one has actually put a qx30 on a dyno and provided any evidence that any of this works. I’ve seen other forums where the masses swear by mods that are later scientifically proven to HURT performance.

Maybe I have higher standards? But I couldn’t fathom doing these mods based on the “trust us” puffing of the marketing wank.

And anytime I see a k&n filter recommended I know that empirical evidence and knowledge are absent.

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

MODERATOR DELETED THIS POST:

Deleting this puerile sniping.

You two need to grow up and learn to ignore each other. Last warning.

Last edited by Sinecure; 09-21-2018 at 01:57 PM.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just Installed my Dinantrontics boost controller! I already downloaded the app so the whole installation took 5 min and I was in my QX30 driving it. I put in in Race and the transmission in Sport and WHOAA!!! what a difference! It doesn't pull much past 5000 rpm but the torque is awesome. I also have an AEM intake system installed as well but this boost controller is it! If you can open a hood of a car and jiggle some wires around you can install it.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Happy New Year, ya’ll!! Happy to say I too have added the Dinantronics Sport Tuner as well as the GFB DV+ upgrade today. Initial pulls definitely feel better w/more torque. In Sport + mode, it’s now scratching rubber when it shifts to 2nd. Still need to learn the app, so I can get more from it. Very easy to do, thanks to some great videos out there. Definitely worth the $500..
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage

Just FYI, if you're interested in "secret" mode on tuner (must have Android App), try:

"If you tap down from the settings screen, you will see an auto-connect option that is greyed out. There is a check-box to the right of that. You have to tap that check box 20 times. You may want to try regular race mode before accessing the max mode."

If you read older threads about this tuner, I was in contact with the lead engineer at Dinan (Dinan merged with another company out of Alabama) and he gave me some good advice.
@p07r0457 -- I can only go by Dinan's test results with using the same piggyback--but, yeah, of course the company who designed it who is also running the tests is not always the most reliable. I couldn't find an independent test run on it outside of Dinan, though. It'd be interested in other piggyback scientific tests done by independent companies on either a Dinan or other company's piggyback. Can you send some links that show where other Piggybacks made performance worse with the scientific results from independent sources?

Dinan, btw, has an open offer to anyone here to come to either their CA or AL facility to test out their piggyback on a QX30 since they've only done the tests on the Mercedes GLA for this piggyback. Let me know, and I can pass on their engineer's contact info.
__XIS__ likes this.

Giggity.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittylit View Post
@p07r0457 -- I can only go by Dinan's test results with using the same piggyback--but, yeah, of course the company who designed it who is also running the tests is not always the most reliable. I couldn't find an independent test run on it outside of Dinan, though. It'd be interested in other piggyback scientific tests done by independent companies on either a Dinan or other company's piggyback. Can you send some links that show where other Piggybacks made performance worse with the scientific results from independent sources?
I'd like to point out that the onus shouldn't fall to me to prove ECU tunes have problems -- rather the responsibility should fall the the ECU tune companies to prove they don't...

But since I like debate/discussion, I'll provide this link:

https://motorblock.at/stalzamt-die-w...er-motorentod/

and an interesting analysis from Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...ery_long_read/

2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour - Pearl White

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page