LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Navigation and radio constant reset

Anyone else having this issue?

I purchased a 2017 Infiniti QX30. The car still under manufacturer warranty and only has 28,000 miles. 5 days after purchase the navigation screen and radio started to constantly reset themselves. This makes them unable to use. The whole point of buying this car was for the navigation and hands-free phone use. They dealer had the car for 5 days( i was out of town) and when I got back all the dealer said is there's nothing they can do right now, and expect me to just drive the car around in this condition.

I sent a email to consumer affairs and all they could tell me is that it is under engineer review and they dont know when the problem will be fixed.
They would not tell me how long they have had this issue, and if it has carried over to the 2018 models.

I have a video of it on youtube. Search: 2017 Infiniti QX30 screen problems
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage

That sucks. At least it's still under warranty. If there's an open case, they should fix it. As you'll see on this forum, many others have had similar issues, including myself. I'm not sure what else you can do. I'd be calling the dealership nearly every day asking for an update. And Infiniti.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Today, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have a May 2017 QX30 in UE (Italy).
I bought the car last year in May and when I retired the vehicle I had the same problem few times. After one week everything was ok. Now, after one year and after the second service maintenance in Infiniti, I get again the problem. The situation is documented in 2 videos on you tube:
https://youtu.be/q3k_gCcgUr4
https://youtu.be/LKbURo0HIpE
More details:
It doesn’t happen every time I switch on the car and after few seconds or minutes of reset usually the system works correctly for hours or for all the travel.
Now I’m starting to think that the system doesn’t boot from zero but create a sort of hibernation data file at the switch off to boot up faster and if this file is not created correctly, it got resets and resets until the file is ok.
I got the problem when I retired vehicle, and I suppose that the car was switched on and off very often and with short intervals the days before, The same during the service maintenance. But this time after 3 weeks the system is not fixed.
I tried to remove and clean the MAP SD card contacts, but after this I got the problem at the first switch on. So I can imagine is related also to the SD Card removal…
I searched in internet and I found someone that say the problem is related to Bluetooth device, so I tried disabling the Bluetooth in settings and for same days was ok.
This evening I tried removing some apps not useful like calendar and disabled Facebook app via Infiniti intouch mobile app via BT connection from Android phone. Now for 3 times the boot up was ok.
From my experience in IT I suppose the origin problem is software but I’m not sure 100%.
I still have a one-year warranty so I want to wait few weeks more to see and hope everything works ok like before service maintenance, and then I will contact Infiniti.
I suppose that if I go directly to my Infiniti dialer I can get only waste of time and head hakes. Before I want to know if Infiniti knows the problem and has a fix that the dialer can apply.
Everybody else has same situation or a solution I hope will write here!! Infinti too!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page