Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

Discontinued?

9K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Ron 
#1 ·
So am I reading the press reports correctly...Infiniti is already discontinuing the QX30? I can't tell if they are just ceasing building them in the UK or they are not going to build them at all. Thanks Infiniti for giving me an Edsel.

#3 ·
I've read a couple of news about this. However what I thought was they were ceasing the partnership with Mercedes-Benz to build an all Infiniti QX30. It's only my opinion with no specific supporting argument, but I think Infiniti should not dish the CUV segment. If the QX50 is considered to be their entry level, prices should definitely go down.

#4 ·
The MB partnership is a big reason why my wife and I bought a QX30. We liked the Infiniti styling (both interior and exterior) but we appreciate the Mercedes engineering. This 4 cylinder is fantastic, and the DCT is phenomenal.

Nissan 4 cylinders are bleh -- and I am not ready to trust a variable-compression design from Nissan/Infiniti. That seems like a ticking time bomb, to me. I would also never pay "premium/luxury" vehicle prices to get a CVT. No thank you! In something cheap, like a Honda Fit, I think a CVT is fine... But if I'm paying "more" to get a premium experience then a CVT has no place, imo.

So it seems Infiniti may be losing my family as customers. It's a shame, because we do love our QX30 and the Infiniti dealer has a decent enough sales and service department... But I'll focus on Acura/Audi/BMW/Lexus/Mercedes/Porsche/Volvo next time.

#5 ·
Does not diminish my love for this car whatsoever... If I didn't have Dinantronics, my love wouldn't be quite as lofty- but this car with Dinantronics is perfect for me and I plan on keeping her for a while.
Other than early issues with the aux battery and alternator change, it has been super reliable, super gorgeous, extremely fun and economical (getting 27 in city and 32 on hwy consistently)... Other than spending twice the price I paid for this, I can't think of anything else that would remotely interest me or sway me from my QX30S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.