Brand new Qx30 AWD on flatbed 3 times - Infiniti QX30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Brand new Qx30 AWD on flatbed 3 times

I bought a new QX30 AWD for my son's graduation and , with 150 miles on the clock it has been back at the dealership 3 times , lastly with a catastrophic electrical failure that left him stranded with no power operated anything including steering and brakes while driving.
Comments made in the service department were : " these cars are prone to this" , " this is a Mercedes and we do not really know how to deal with it", " the car is too new and we have not been trained for it".
I want to know if I have gotten a lemon or if there are similar experiences out there.
Tomorrow , I am supposed to have Infiniti's general management on the phone to see the way forward as my son obviously does not feel safe in the car.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 09:17 PM

I have about 1000 miles on my wife's with no problems...yet

However, I am still trying to wrap my arms around that you bought your son an Infinity for graduation. When I graduated college about 45 years ago I got a Timex watch. : ) Lucky son
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It might be time to look into the local lemon laws since god forbid it might come in handy if this keeps up.
This is clearly not normal for a new vehicle so if it doesn't get to that, it should at least come close.

Did the GM get back to you as yet?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I'd say that largely, things have been going fairly smoothly, especially considering this is a first year model. But when there are problems, it is taking the techs a little longer to diagnose and fix, since much of the vehicle is different from the other cars we make (yes, due to the Merc content). It sounds like you're right to escalate the problem(s) to management in your case. But in general, give the service guys a few months and hopefully they'll have seen the common problems and figured out quick solutions.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive an AWD Q50 Red Sport. Also in the garage is a 1960 Bugeye Sprite.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 10:50 PM

I have 2k miles on mine and the only thing has been the screen going black 3-4 times now when I put it in reverse and it stays that way until I turn the car off and restart it. Annoying, but nothing like that and I hope to get time to take it to the dealer (100 miles away). It sounds like your son's has some serious issues and you might consider getting a different one.

I am also jealous your son got a car this nice for graduation. If you add up the total I paid for the first two cars I owned and drove until I was 24, it would be a little bit less than a set of tires for this QX30.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page