Interior rattles - Infiniti QX30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Interior rattles

Hi all, new to the forum, just got a QX30 Premium with all tech. Nice car, and fun to drive. Keeps my wife and me happy for various reasons.

the car, with all 150 miles on it, has an interior rattle coming from the center console, where the catch holding the console lid down allows it to rattle. Do any of you have the same issue? both rubber bumpers are in place, and the rattle comes squarely from the catch. Applying pressure, or releasing the catch immediately silences the issue.

thanks all.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to the forums!

That's an odd one and haven't heard much about it. Have you talked to the dealer about it?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I get a little bit of rattle somewhere from the back when I listen to something with a lot of bass. Not the console area, though. Maybe see if you can tighten up any screw in the area? I haven't looked to see how it all attaches.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Thanks for the responses. It's definitely the center console. A better question would be to ask whether any user here has observed the center console catch covered in felt, or any other dampening materials. It's not worth seeing the dealer at this stage, too much hassle for something minor that I should be able to adjust or rectify personally.

Chris - as for your bass rattle, first try clicking your rear seat belts into their buckles. These can often be the source of vibration rattle noise. And, to let you know, few cars these days have a screw to tighten (I wish) - it's all clips. Given where the sub woofer is located, I would be looking around there to see if anything is loose in that cavity.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I always found that buying rubber washes and thin slices of foam always helped. But that's not for everyone to do, not everyone is willing to unscrew parts to insert washes and foam padding... but it sure is worth the effort for a long term buyer.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Wow, looking for rattles yielded that I am missing the front lower trim for both seats...no passenger storage drawer or any plastic trim to be found. Anyone else? Attached is the Passenger seat picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1274.jpg (120.3 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by spinadog; 06-06-2017 at 03:22 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Car in our showroom looks just like @spinadog 's. No trim down there. 17.5 models added push button start and eliminated the drug/gun storage drawer.

As for rattles. You guys need to make friends with the service advisor at your dealership and find out who their best tech is for resolving noise issues. Then take that guy for a ride and let him work his magic. Most dealers have someone like this. Service hates these problems because Infiniti doesn't give much warranty compensation for diagnosing and fixing them. Plus certain customers are sometimes perceived as over-sensitive to noises (I'm over-sensitive to squeaks too, but its one thing to be insistent, another to be a dick to your service advisor over these things).

Your service department wants to fix the problems and make you happy (usually, YMMV).

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive an AWD Q50 Red Sport. Also in the garage is a 1960 Bugeye Sprite.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

@Sinecure, Thanks for the response and confirmation. How unusual they got rid of it? It's still listed as a part number, and even the tech sheet my salesperson showed me has it listed. Would this have been a parts shortage? Odd.

The rattles I will remedy myself, they nearly all are concentrated in that old favorite, the headliner area. Mostly towards the back. Michigan roads tend to bring out the best in squeaks, for sure.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page