User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Alignment?

Anyone having alignment issues with their car? Perhaps steering wheel points a little to the left? I've had my car in 3 times to fix, and they can't get it right. It's been at the dealership for almost 3 weeks now. They are in discussions with Infiniti corporate techs on how to fix it, but still not right.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Maybe a common problem with Infiniti? I got mine back, it's still not fixed.

Crooked Steering Wheel and Mood Lighting Question - Nissan Forum | Nissan Forums
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 09:52 AM

I have the same issue. My steering wheel is turned a bit to the left (counter-clockwise). The car seems to drive straight, the steering wheel is just crooked, basically.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I should also add that I had two QX30 loaners while they worked on my car, and each of the steering wheels tilted to the left. But, yep, car drives straight, steering wheel points otherwise.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I just received mine over the Memorial weekend and the wheel points dead straight (AWD Premium with tech).
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Zee

After driving my over the weekend on different road types, I too noticed that my steering wheel is angled slightly to the left. In a few weeks, I have a 900+ mile trip that I plan on taking and the steering wheel angled to the left will begin to annoy me.

As pavy mentioned, the car drives as straight as an arrow.

Smittylit: Did your dealership address this without requiring you to pay for an alignment? In other words, was this covered through the warranty? Any update?

2017 QX30 Premium AWD - Exterior: Black Obsidian - Interior: Graphite
Technology Package - Moonroof - LED Package - Navigation Package
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Hi, Zee... "Did your dealership address this without requiring you to pay for an alignment? In other words, was this covered through the warranty?" Yes. I took it to them 3 times to address the issue. Altogether, they had my car about 4 weeks as they tried to align the steering wheel and brought out engineers from Infiniti corporate. Yes, the steering alignment changed, from slightly left to now slightly right--so, still annoying AF. I took it back and had their master tech drive it with me last week, and they did not see an issue, so basically, they're not willing to fix it anymore. I guess when the engineer signs off on it, it's done with little recourse. I'm thinking of having them just un-align the steering wheel even less slightly back to the left. If they say it's aligned, fine, I disagree, now move the steering wheel to the left a little--in my eyes, it will be aligned at that point.

But, yes, there was no cost involved in any of this. 2 loaners for about 4 weeks, and I didn't pay them anything.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 09:14 AM

When I go back in for service, I'm going to mention this and see what they do. Do you know what they had to adjust exactly? What was off?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I know that it was the steering alignment, not wheel alignment; car does and has always driven straight. But, the issue is that it's not a mechanical adjustment to the wheel, it's all digital. So that's what took them so long because, basically, new model, all computer driven, and they had no idea what they were doing (they were up front with that). So, they had to bring out engineers from Infiniti to do whatever, and since those guys are not necessarily local, they had to wait to get an appointment--that was the time suck.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 03:16 PM

I am not a lawyer but this can be a serious class action lawsuit topic if Infiniti is keep saying 'I don't know how to fix' to us.

Off topic, i had a 2014 Q50 before, and it looks like Infiniti is settling a class action lawsuit regarding their Intouch system. I will be getting a check ($85) in a few months.
Chris92SE likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page