User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jaxtt

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Display Question (Trip Computer)

2-15 in the manual talks about trip computer [From start] or [From reset]. Can someone explain to me how these work together and what exactly is the point of having the both of these??

Thanks!
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittylit View Post
2-15 in the manual talks about trip computer [From start] or [From reset]. Can someone explain to me how these work together and what exactly is the point of having the both of these??

Thanks!
Smitty
"From start" shows you the information from the time you started to drive the vehicle currently. For example if you left your home and had driven 15 minutes and 3 miles it would show you that information along with gas mileage, avg speed ect. Keep in mind that the car will allow you to stop and turn off the car, get out and return in a short time and it will keep tracking the information from when you actually began your trip.

From reset keeps track of the same information but it shows the information based on the last time you pushed the reset button. Lets say you stop and fill up your car with gasoline just go to the "From reset" area on the display and push and hold ok. It will then ask you if you want to reset your information. This basically zeros out your averages and information for that display. Now you can track what kind of fuel mileage, avg speed, time driving and miles until the next time you reset the information. I do this every time I fill up so I have an idea of how I'm doing per tank.

Does that help?
Zee and froggybops like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page