User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default new center screen?

So far I'm absolutely loving my QX30 AWD. The one main gripe I have after seeing all the new cars coming out is the size of the center screen. I would love to have something bigger and that has full touch capability. I've asked around and unfortunately nobody seems to know how to put in a new center console, or better yet can't even make a recommendation. Does anyone have any thoughts? Is it even possible?
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 AM

It isn't possible. I've been dealing with an ongoing issue with my QX, and they've replaced the center screen, which also has some sort of computer tied to it in the back.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuslavi View Post
It isn't possible. I've been dealing with an ongoing issue with my QX, and they've replaced the center screen, which also has some sort of computer tied to it in the back.
I'm curious as to the problem you're having with your screen. We've had the screen go black a few times when shifting to reverse (when the rear camera should appear). Nothing comes back on the screen even after putting in drive, park, neutral, etc. Even turning off/on the car doesn't always bring it back to life. It's happened 4-5 times now in the last month.
Chris92SE and dsuslavi like this.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

i'm not having any issues personally, i'd just like a bigger screen with more functionality. if that isn't possible then i guess that kinda sucks. given this is more german based than japanese(most japanese vehicles have the ability to modify easily in comparison)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6t8stang View Post
I'm curious as to the problem you're having with your screen. We've had the screen go black a few times when shifting to reverse (when the rear camera should appear). Nothing comes back on the screen even after putting in drive, park, neutral, etc. Even turning off/on the car doesn't always bring it back to life. It's happened 4-5 times now in the last month.

hah! Same exact issue. I just submitted the lemon law paperwork on the car Saturday. You can reset it by holding down the power button on the radio for 5 seconds, however, it's been driving me nuts. It basically mirrors the same issues they had in the 2014/2015 Q50's. They claim that nobody else has reported this issue, and they can't seem to figure out if it's a short in the system, or if it's a software bug.

My advice, take a video EVERY TIME it happens. Infiniti assigned a local "expert" to my case, and he asked if I had any evidence, and my response basically was, would you like all 20 or so videos I have?
6t8stang and jcampie like this.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 09:58 PM

Quote:
hah! Same exact issue. I just submitted the lemon law paperwork on the car Saturday. You can reset it by holding down the power button on the radio for 5 seconds, however, it's been driving me nuts. It basically mirrors the same issues they had in the 2014/2015 Q50's. They claim that nobody else has reported this issue, and they can't seem to figure out if it's a short in the system, or if it's a software bug.

My advice, take a video EVERY TIME it happens. Infiniti assigned a local "expert" to my case, and he asked if I had any evidence, and my response basically was, would you like all 20 or so videos I have?
I have videos of mine too, but I never told the dealer or posted because it only happened one time, and that was like 5,000 miles ago...
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 09:29 AM

My 2014 Q50 had this issue a few times, and the dealer replaced the entire CPU for the console.

So far no problem with QX30.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:

What are the lemon law requirements where you are?? I've heard that it varies state to state, etc.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 09:39 AM

I've had this same issue happen to me once. Previously (when I first purchased the car) I had an issue where the camera would never come on, no matter what you did. That was fixed. And now just the other day, I started the car and the screen didn't come on. I had to turn the car off completely, then back on, and the screen worked normally.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 10:40 PM

we have same issue with our new QX30 - its in the shop now

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page