User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Push Button Start and Automatic Car Start

Firstly, two different dealerships told me two separate things. One told me that the QX30 simply was not able to have the push button function. The other told me it would be $550 to get in installed and that he wasn't able to get that for me at this time. Who was right?

Secondly, what is my best bet for getting an automatic car starter installed?
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Zee

See the first post in this thread: http://www.infinitiqx30.org/forum/qx...ton-start.html

Adding push button start is as easy as ordering a $35 part online and plugging it into the ignition switch.

2017 QX30 Premium AWD - Exterior: Black Obsidian - Interior: Graphite
Technology Package - Moonroof - LED Package - Navigation Package
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Thanks!

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie1294 View Post
Firstly, two different dealerships told me two separate things. One told me that the QX30 simply was not able to have the push button function. The other told me it would be $550 to get in installed and that he wasn't able to get that for me at this time. Who was right?

Secondly, what is my best bet for getting an automatic car starter installed?
HAHAH, wow!!! $550!!!! All you have to do is buy this $35 button that weighs above the same as a feather, literally pop it in the slot in the exact same manner you'd insert your key, and it stays in there permanently, but it can easily pop it out if you want it to...and you just push the button to turn on and off.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Merce...less+go+button
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Time to find a dealership that actually knows what they're talking about.

Or ask them to sell you one of the 2017.5 models that just started showing up. They come with pushbutton start.

If you're talking about remote start, now that's a horse of a different color.
pavy likes this.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive an AWD Q50 Red Sport. Also in the garage is a 1960 Bugeye Sprite.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Yes I am talking about remote start.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 01:01 PM

You can normally find a local place that will do remote starts. Pricing depends on what you want. If you want to be able to use your OEM key fob to start it and be able to start it remotely using an app on your phone, you're probably look at $500 plus a small monthly fee for the service. Or you could possibly get one as cheap as $150 with a separate fob. I'm going to be looking into getting one at some point, I'll post back here with what I find out.

I'm secretly also hoping that Infiniti might do or offer something for the QX30. It would seem that all the pieces are in place, and that potentially only a software update would be required. Anyone know any more about how OEM remote start might work on the QX30?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Unfortunately, I had already purchased the 2017 before I posted this but had not yet received it. Very frustrating that different places say different things. I commented on Infiniti social media account and they said that the 2017 came with the push button start and if I had more questions then to call them. Well I did and they said that the 2018 would have push button start. I knew what I was purchasing but it is just annoying that my dealership didn't even bring up the possibility of purchasing a 2017.5.

I needed to have the Malbec Black color so when I went to pick up my car last week I asked them why it would be $550 to install the push button feature and exactly how they did it. They could not give me a firm answer and when I mentioned purchasing the button on Amazon he said "I mean it's worth a shot".
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 03:18 PM

Sounds like they're trying to milk you. Unless he really doesn't know about it... what did it seem like ?
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
Sounds like they're trying to milk you. Unless he really doesn't know about it... what did it seem like ?
I am sure they were trying to. Considering contacting them for clarification since I have not yet filled out my satisfaction survey...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page