1Likes
  • 1 Post By fastrack

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default QX30 Boost Controller

Hey guys, I just recently picked up my QX30 Sport and the first thing I did was try on my Dinan Piggyback that I had for my C300.

The controller is compatible with most if not all MBenz turbo'd cars, including the GLA250 which shares the chassis and engine with the QX30. I decided to give it a shot and plugged in the piggyback, everything works perfectly fine, takes care of any acceleration lag and adds a little boost. Though my buttdyno doesn't share the same sentiment as their 30hp/40tq claims, there are noticeable power increases for me using sport+

I won't link directly to the site, but you may google Dinan D440-0034.

If you guys end up getting it and need a howto feel free to PM me and I'll post up some pictures, I just have trouble finding somewhere to zip tie it down to.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:29 PM
tt6

I've always been a Japanese car enthusiast so I love posts like these that introduce MB mods for these cars!

Any idea how much it increases the turbo pressure? Where is the increase felt, lower or higher RPM's? Does Infiniti have a way of reading the ECU and seeing that this has been installed/removed in the event of any warranty claims?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt6 View Post
I've always been a Japanese car enthusiast so I love posts like these that introduce MB mods for these cars!

Any idea how much it increases the turbo pressure? Where is the increase felt, lower or higher RPM's? Does Infiniti have a way of reading the ECU and seeing that this has been installed/removed in the event of any warranty claims?
I'm unsure about the increase in turbo pressure, but I'm going to assume it falls in line with most dinan piggybacks increasing boost by 3 to 6 psi. The increase is definitely felt more in the lower RPMs, tends to fall off at the high end, similar to my c300.
I'm assuming like MB, Infiniti doesn't have a way of reading the ECU for modification since this doesn't deal with changing the mapping on the actual ECU, I took my c300 for a few maintenance and warranty issues without them ever mentioning it, and at one point I even forgot to take it off before I took it in to the dealership haha

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 10:34 AM
tt6

Thanks for the info!

I'm hesitant to do this without knowing what the afr and timing are doing with the increase in airflow, any idea? What sensor is the module actually getting plugged into?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Yeah I don't think you'll get to know the AFRs without going to an actual tuner, or at least I don't have the ECU plug in to detect the AFRs. The sensor is plugged into the pressure sensor! If you're around NorCal I'm sure you could take it into Dinan to get them to check your AFRs on the QX30, or RRE if you're in SoCal.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 01:01 PM
tt6

Thanks for the info!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 01:41 PM

I have a Dinan ECU piggyback on E91 335xi and R56 MCS, but didn't know we could use MB's Dinan tune on QX30.
This is a good info. Thanks for sharing.
Chris92SE likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page