13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Zee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Personalized Settings Request

I mentioned in another thread that I am visiting my service adviser next week to see if they can address some very "first world problem" type of issues related to this vehicle. I had a GLA for a few months and figured that if that car can do what I want, so can this car...maybe the techs at Infiniti have the programming/diagnostic equipment to set up defaults.

I would love to hear from other owners about features that they want changed that are feasible (i.e., software-related or software-driven by nature).

Here's what I have so far for requests:
  1. Unlocking doors when placing vehicle into park: when placing the vehicle into park, ALL the doors should automatically UNLOCK.
  2. Delay for headlights to turn off: after turning off the ignition and all the doors are closed, if the headlights are ON or in the AUTO position, the lights should remain on for at least 30 seconds (or any other interval)
  3. Illumination of cabin light: after closing the door, the interior lights should remain on for at least ten seconds (or any other reasonable interval)
  4. Automatic brake hold: the GLA had this feature where if you stomped on the brake pedal, the car will automatically brake for you until you pressed the accelerator (see
    or
    )
  5. Automatic parking brake: the GLA automatically engaged the parking brake if the transmission was in park and the engine was turned off; if I recall correctly, it also disengaged the parking brake if you placed the transmission in drive (or reverse) and pressed on the accelerator
  6. More of a question than a request, but do our cars have some sort of adaptive brakelights similar to the concept shown here (http://techcenter.mercedes-benz.com/.../detail.html)?
  7. In another thread, I saw a request to have the screen default to something other than the nav screen (doesn't bother me, but it doesn't hurt to ask if that can be customized)
  8. BMW owners complained about their cars not "remembering" the last setting of the auto stop start feature, which resulted in BMW providing a software update. I love the auto stop start feature, but others may not want it on by default. Maybe there's a way to configure it so it remembers the last setting
  9. When the intelligent cruise control (ICC) is enabled, show the "assistance graphic" by default. At the moment, if I have the audio menu shown on my dashboard, it only shows the radio station unless I'm enabling, adjusting, or disabling the ICC. How do I get this to show up by default when ICC is active?
  10. I have a black QX30. Is there any way to show a black QX30 in the dashboard graphic? (OK, getting very desperate here!)

Any other ideas, thoughts, requests?
Jcbama85 likes this.

2017 QX30 Premium AWD - Exterior: Black Obsidian - Interior: Graphite
Technology Package - Moonroof - LED Package - Navigation Package
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 12:31 PM

This car needs a way to turn off the headlights at night, and turn off the DRL's at night. Very annoying when driving through Christmas light displays. I've had other cars yelling at my to turn my lights off, they don't realize it's literally not possible.

Also, there should be a way to remember the last driving mode (sport, eco, or manual).

I wish the rear windshield wipers turned on automatically just like the front windshield wipers do when it detects rain. Sometimes, it does, but only when I first turn the car on if it's raining..the rears won't stay on.

Need more customization on the inTouch. It always defaults to Nav, but sometimes I want it to default to Audio if I don't need the maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
I mentioned in another thread that I am visiting my service adviser next week to see if they can address some very "first world problem" type of issues related to this vehicle. I had a GLA for a few months and figured that if that car can do what I want, so can this car...maybe the techs at Infiniti have the programming/diagnostic equipment to set up defaults.

I would love to hear from other owners about features that they want changed that are feasible (i.e., software-related or software-driven by nature).

Here's what I have so far for requests:
  1. Unlocking doors when placing vehicle into park: when placing the vehicle into park, ALL the doors should automatically UNLOCK.
  2. Delay for headlights to turn off: after turning off the ignition and all the doors are closed, if the headlights are ON or in the AUTO position, the lights should remain on for at least 30 seconds (or any other interval)
  3. Illumination of cabin light: after closing the door, the interior lights should remain on for at least ten seconds (or any other reasonable interval)
  4. Automatic brake hold: the GLA had this feature where if you stomped on the brake pedal, the car will automatically brake for you until you pressed the accelerator (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zCU09hlYrY or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SXT6BVo7TE)
  5. Automatic parking brake: the GLA automatically engaged the parking brake if the transmission was in park and the engine was turned off; if I recall correctly, it also disengaged the parking brake if you placed the transmission in drive (or reverse) and pressed on the accelerator
  6. More of a question than a request, but do our cars have some sort of adaptive brakelights similar to the concept shown here (http://techcenter.mercedes-benz.com/.../detail.html)?
  7. In another thread, I saw a request to have the screen default to something other than the nav screen (doesn't bother me, but it doesn't hurt to ask if that can be customized)
  8. BMW owners complained about their cars not "remembering" the last setting of the auto stop start feature, which resulted in BMW providing a software update. I love the auto stop start feature, but others may not want it on by default. Maybe there's a way to configure it so it remembers the last setting
  9. When the intelligent cruise control (ICC) is enabled, show the "assistance graphic" by default. At the moment, if I have the audio menu shown on my dashboard, it only shows the radio station unless I'm enabling, adjusting, or disabling the ICC. How do I get this to show up by default when ICC is active?
  10. I have a black QX30. Is there any way to show a black QX30 in the dashboard graphic? (OK, getting very desperate here!)

Any other ideas, thoughts, requests?
Jcbama85 likes this.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Agree with most - especially the unlocking when put in park or turned off.

It's also odd to have a non-power steering column, but this can't be changed with software.

Weird the memory seat buttons need to be held down to adjust.

There's no reason the inTouch app isn't full featured for the EX30. Remote start, remote door lock/unlock, etc

The homelink buttons don't work unless in accessory or on position. So you have to start the car before opening the garage door or close the garage door before shutting off the car.

Fog light switch does not remember state, always returning to off after a shutdown/restart.
Jcbama85 likes this.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6t8stang View Post
Agree with most - especially the unlocking when put in park or turned off.

It's also odd to have a non-power steering column, but this can't be changed with software.

Weird the memory seat buttons need to be held down to adjust.

There's no reason the inTouch app isn't full featured for the EX30. Remote start, remote door lock/unlock, etc

The homelink buttons don't work unless in accessory or on position. So you have to start the car before opening the garage door or close the garage door before shutting off the car.

Fog light switch does not remember state, always returning to off after a shutdown/restart.
For the seat memory, change the seat settings however you want...Then to store into memory, press the M button, then press 1,2 or 3. It will beep to indicate it stored.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by q50aggie View Post
For the seat memory, change the seat settings however you want...Then to store into memory, press the M button, then press 1,2 or 3. It will beep to indicate it stored.
Understood. However, once stored, you need to hold down 1 2 or 3 for the seat & mirrors to move to the final positions. In all other vehicles with seat memory, just a press and release of the preset (once stored) will adjust the seat.
Manny Q likes this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6t8stang View Post
Understood. However, once stored, you need to hold down 1 2 or 3 for the seat & mirrors to move to the final positions. In all other vehicles with seat memory, just a press and release of the preset (once stored) will adjust the seat.
Ohh yea, that is definitely annoying.
Manny Q likes this.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 02:55 PM

Numbering relating to the original post in this thread:

1. Mine as at the dealership right now and I've requested this be changed. They said it can be done/reprogrammed, but only by them not the customer.
2. This already occurs for me as is. Take the keys out shut the door, the lights stay on for about 15 seconds.
3. This already occurs for me as is.
4. Meh.
5. This already occurs for me as is, sort of. Parking brake is not automatically engaged, but put car in R or D, hit the gas, the parking break is automatically disengaged.

Holding the button instead of just pressing it once for the memory seats. Yes, wtf? That is annoying as ****.

Ha, this site automatically edits out your cuss words and replaces them with *'s.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 07:52 PM

Garage

Well done Smitty thanks

1. I was told by my dealer (sales manager) last week it was a 'safety feature' and couldn't be changed on the QX30. My BS meter pegged the needle on that one. I'm going in soon for them to install my license plates (Texas requires front and back and they have to install the front plate holder) so I'll ask the service manager. Let us know what you find out.

2. Same as yours

3. Same as yours

4. Love your "MEH"

5. Same as yours

And I wholeheartedly agree about holding the memory seat number instead of just pushing it. To quote the guys from ESPN Monday Night Football Pregame: "C'mon Man!"

These topics are great! Let's keep them going.

Mike in Katy, Texas

2017 Infiniti QX30, FWD, Premium Package, Black/Black

Roll Tide!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Zee

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittylit View Post
Numbering relating to the original post in this thread:

1. Mine as at the dealership right now and I've requested this be changed. They said it can be done/reprogrammed, but only by them not the customer.
2. This already occurs for me as is. Take the keys out shut the door, the lights stay on for about 15 seconds.
3. This already occurs for me as is.
4. Meh.
5. This already occurs for me as is, sort of. Parking brake is not automatically engaged, but put car in R or D, hit the gas, the parking break is automatically disengaged.

Holding the button instead of just pressing it once for the memory seats. Yes, wtf? That is annoying as ****.

Ha, this site automatically edits out your cuss words and replaces them with *'s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbama85 View Post
Well done Smitty thanks

1. I was told by my dealer (sales manager) last week it was a 'safety feature' and couldn't be changed on the QX30. My BS meter pegged the needle on that one. I'm going in soon for them to install my license plates (Texas requires front and back and they have to install the front plate holder) so I'll ask the service manager. Let us know what you find out.

2. Same as yours

3. Same as yours

4. Love your "MEH"

5. Same as yours

And I wholeheartedly agree about holding the memory seat number instead of just pushing it. To quote the guys from ESPN Monday Night Football Pregame: "C'mon Man!"

These topics are great! Let's keep them going.
1. I hope they can program the auto-unlock. Smiity: be sure to share the dealer notes on this forum to prove that it is possible for the rest of us.

2. My daylight running LEDs remain on for a moment, but not headlights. Do you guys have the LED Package? If so, do your headlights (i.e., low beams) stay on after getting out of the car?

3. Illumination in the cabin. Maybe they do remain on for a few seconds, but I may have never noticed. The black interior can feel, well, dark.

4. You guys don't know what you're meh-ing at. The auto-hold feature is very convenient. Once you get accustomed to it, you can't go back to pressing the brake pedal at a red light like a plebeian. Even the new Civics have this feature!

5. I want the convenience of an automatic parking brake that sets when I park and turn off the engine. Not that our cars have a manual transmission, but I want to avoid the lurch forward that occurs when you sometimes put the car in park, turn off the engine, and disengage the brakes (serious first world problems!). Also, if I recall correctly, the owner's manual states that the parking brake engages when the car comes to a stop using the ICC. I've experienced the car come to a full stop, but shouldn't the brake light appear on the dashboard?
Jcbama85 likes this.

2017 QX30 Premium AWD - Exterior: Black Obsidian - Interior: Graphite
Technology Package - Moonroof - LED Package - Navigation Package
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 01:13 PM

Default Unlock in Park

Well, sadly, it turns out it can't be done. The service manager tried to reprogram it himself, and thought he had it, but he did not. It's a Mercedes thing (or, it's a Mercedes thing with this model since this is a Mercedes). Annoying

I mentioned this in another thread but the dealership added push button ignition gratis, and they just used the Mercedes button. Works great.

Last edited by Smittylit; 03-03-2017 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page