User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Zee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Cool feature, find something, learn anything?

Every car forum needs a thread like this.

It seems like a few days go by and I learn something new about this car or find a new feature. I don't know if there is a thread or if I should re-read the manual, but I like hearing about other people's experiences.

For example, every modern day car I've owned has a feature where the passenger-side mirror tilts down when engaged in reverse. I found the instructions on enabling this in the manual:

You can set the front-passenger side exterior mirror so that you can see the rear wheel on that side as soon as you engage reverse gear. You can store this position.

1. Make sure that the vehicle is stationary.
2. Switch the ignition switch to the ON position.
3. Press button 2 for the external mirror on the front-passenger side.
4. Engage reverse gear. The exterior mirror on the front-passenger side moves to the preset parking position.
5. Use adjustment button 3 to adjust the exterior mirror. You should see the rear wheel and the curb in the exterior mirror The parking position is stored.

NOTE
• If you shift the transmission to another position, the exterior mirror on the front passenger side returns to the driving position.
• If the driver’s side mirror is currently selected, the passenger side mirror will not move when reverse gear is engaged.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2-23-2017 2-39-55 PM.png (96.4 KB, 37 views)
Jcbama85 likes this.

2017 QX30 Premium AWD - Exterior: Black Obsidian - Interior: Graphite
Technology Package - Moonroof - LED Package - Navigation Package
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 03:03 PM

This is actually a great idea. I myself never knew you could do that or that it was equipped with it as I'm sure a lot of other people wouldn't either. Especially the last bullet point in your note. Thanks for starting this thread, it'll help a lot of people out!
Jcbama85 likes this.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 11:06 PM

1) This car has "rear foglight" which is a very bright light near the left brake light. Activate it in heavy fog or rain to help people see you, or if you have someone tailgating you at night.

2) You can also turn on the left parking lights and right parking lights independently and leave them on when you turn the car off. This is useful if you are parking your car in a dark road. Turn the side closest to the street on so other cars can see your car easier. It won't drain the battery.

3) You don't have to push the Park button. Simply open the door and it will automatically go to PARK. Be careful when driving less than 5 MPH...if you open your door at 5mph or less, it will also shift abruptly to park

4) The intelligent cruise control and forward emergency braking is very smart. But I wish it would brake sooner, but it brakes when it does (very late) on purpose, because it knows it can stop you safely and give the person behind you more time to not hit you.

5) Reset the inTouch system if it becomes slow by holding the volume/power button down for a few seconds.

6) There is no way to turn off the headlights at night, nor the DRL's...

7) Your car makes all sorts of weird noises hours after you've turned it off. Easier to hear if you park in the garage..but it's very weird to walk in the garage several hours after you get home and you hear the qx30 making humming noises. The manual says it's normal and related to the turbo.

8) I wish the steering wheel volume control was on the left side, not the right

9) Tap up on the cruise all the way, and it goes up by 5 MPH, only halfway up goes up by 1 MPH. Same for tapping down.

10) Half tap on the blinker turns your blinker on for 3 flashes.

11) Small hidden storage bin under passenger seat.

12) With Intelligent Cruise control running and engaged (with no foot on the accelerator or brake). It relates to when a vehicle "cuts" in front of you, or pulls into the same lane just ahead of you, only to turn-off into another street or intersection seconds later. I.e. they're only in radar range for a brief moment, and then they're clear of your radar.

If you do "nothing" in this situation, your QX30 will slam on the brakes fairly hard. Rightfully so -- that's it's job. You could reach for the ICC lever to cancel the current auto-driving operation. Or touch the brakes yourself. Or just let the QX30 reduce you to roughly half your speed in a fraction of a second (and annoy you and all your passengers).

But instead, you can gently press the accelerator (that's the counter-intuitive part). This overrides ICC, and prevents that sudden jerking. Once the other vehicle has pulled away out of the ICC radar range, you can release your foot again, and resume your cruising...
Jcbama85 and Manny Q like this.

Last edited by q50aggie; 02-23-2017 at 11:12 PM.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Zee

(Thread Starter)

• If you don't have the push button start installed, you can save yourself some time when starting the car by briefly turning the key as demonstrated in this video (
    ). Essentially, quickly turn and let go immediately.
  • If you have the ICC enabled and your car has come to a complete stop, you can resume the ICC function by pulling the cruise control stock toward yourself (resume). This will work even if the engine is off due to the auto stop start. The car should automatically resume at the previously set speed.
pavy likes this.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
  • If you have the ICC enabled and your car has come to a complete stop, you can resume the ICC function by pulling the cruise control stock toward yourself (resume). This will work even if the engine is off due to the auto stop start. The car should automatically resume at the previously set speed.
Another thing I have noticed is that if you are using ICC and the car stops because someone is stopped in front of you and the auto on/off turns the car off...When the ICC detects the car in front of you moving, it will turn the car back on. You still have to push gas or resume on the ICC to get going, but it's a nice touch. It does get annoying when you're at a red light, and the car in front of you inches forward, it will cause your auto on/off to turn off and on many times!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 01:56 PM
tt6

Anyone know if there is a way to disable the auto engine off feature without having to press the button every time I get in the car?
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Zee

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt6 View Post
Anyone know if there is a way to disable the auto engine off feature without having to press the button every time I get in the car?
Not at this time. Perhaps if we QX30 owners band together, we can convince Infiniti to offer an update similar not unlike the manner in which BMW F30 owners demanded that their cars remember the previous setting for auto stop start. BMW later implemented this as a software update for all F30 vehicles.
Jcbama85 likes this.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 10:32 AM
tt6

I'm in, but I doubt there are enough qx30 'enthusiasts' at this point.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Zee

(Thread Starter)
Question Recovery Hooks

So today I needed to use the recovery hook. According to page 6-16 of the owner's manual, the recovery hook is "stored in the vehicle trunk." When I looked in the trunk, there was a cut out for the recovery hook, but there was none to be found. I guess I learned my car never came with them...? Can anyone else confirm if your car has recovery hooks?

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
So today I needed to use the recovery hook. According to page 6-16 of the owner's manual, the recovery hook is "stored in the vehicle trunk." When I looked in the trunk, there was a cut out for the recovery hook, but there was none to be found. I guess I learned my car never came with them...? Can anyone else confirm if your car has recovery hooks?
Infiniti went cheapo on us...No recovery hooks in mine either...Why did you have to use the recovery hooks?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170317_221544.jpg (289.7 KB, 100 views)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page