What do you not like about the QX30's interior - Infiniti QX30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default What do you not like about the QX30's interior

Finally we get a new interior design on the QX30, although there are hints of the past in here, much like what you'll see in the QX50. With the changed made in the QX30, do you think they did enough? Could they have done better? Or is this up to your expectations in the segment the QX30 sits in?

Let me know what you think in the comments section below.

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I liked the new interior. It really isn't anything like the QX50. But not quite as techy as the Q50 either. I like it much better than the GLA interior (even with its nods to Merc like the key and the seat controls on the door). Infiniti did a nice job tucking the navi screen under a hood on the dash. Contrast that to the craptastic Merc version where it looks like someone glued an ipad mini to the dashboard.

I'm a salesperson at an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive an AWD Q50 Red Sport. Also in the garage is a 1960 Bugeye Sprite.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Overall I have to say it looks a bit dated but to me that's a small downside compared to what else it has going on and judging the car entirely, it checks most boxes.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

You don't mean "dated". You mean "proven".

Actually, the inside of the Q50 with the dual touch screens works pretty well. But so many full-touchscreen systems (Acura, Tesla) look cool but really aren't that great from a user-interface perspective. Plus they really make it a challenge to do something without taking your eyes off the road.

I'm a salesperson at an
in the Bay Area. Since many interweb jockeys think all salesmen are untruthful scum, certain users here suggested I put in a signature so you can completely disregard everything I say. YMMV.

You can PM or
if you are around Northern California and want help with your Infiniti purchase decision.

I currently drive an AWD Q50 Red Sport. Also in the garage is a 1960 Bugeye Sprite.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Car makers just need to hurry up on working with brands like Apple and Android that have perfected this sort of interface, plus it goes a long way in streamlining the tech, which can help in getting people to buy products and overall be sold to through various ways.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

#1 -Having to use a key to start the car (vs the button)!!!!
#2 - Parking "button"
#3 -Not offering "Gallery White" on the Premium AWD
#4 - The "Cafe Teak" I personally don't like brown interiors
#5 - The Graphite Leather Black interior with the "Gloss Black Lacquer" - It looks cheap to me, it lacks contrast, they should has stayed with a carbon fiber or aluminum dash.
#6 - The large white stitching of the steering wheel
#7 - No color changing LED ambient lighting options for the interior? I liked it when they had the purple lighting shown on the concept car! My husbands LINCOLN has this option & it's a VERY cool perk!
#8 - No "real" sunroof
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 11:26 PM

1. No push button start
2. Door lock/unlock knobs. They are made of cheap quality plastic. Not user friendly.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiatHeart View Post
#1 -Having to use a key to start the car (vs the button)!!!!
#2 - Parking "button"
#3 -Not offering "Gallery White" on the Premium AWD
#4 - The "Cafe Teak" I personally don't like brown interiors
#5 - The Graphite Leather Black interior with the "Gloss Black Lacquer" - It looks cheap to me, it lacks contrast, they should has stayed with a carbon fiber or aluminum dash.
#6 - The large white stitching of the steering wheel
#7 - No color changing LED ambient lighting options for the interior? I liked it when they had the purple lighting shown on the concept car! My husbands LINCOLN has this option & it's a VERY cool perk!
#8 - No "real" sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPPPP View Post
1. No push button start
2. Door lock/unlock knobs. They are made of cheap quality plastic. Not user friendly.
There is push button start. Buy the $30 Mercedes part and pop it in, and it works flawlessly. My dealer installs it standard now with all QX30's.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q50aggie View Post
There is push button start. Buy the $30 Mercedes part and pop it in, and it works flawlessly. My dealer installs it standard now with all QX30's.
You're going to need to explain that one a little bit further for me please.. if you don't mind. Which part are you speaking of and how hard is it to install ?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
You're going to need to explain that one a little bit further for me please.. if you don't mind. Which part are you speaking of and how hard is it to install ?
Takes half a second. You literally pop it in the hole.

http://www.infinitiqx30.org/forum/in...ton-start.html

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page