Aftermarket Wheels ? - Infiniti QX30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Aftermarket Wheels ?

Anyone plan on going aftermarket wheels ? I typically find Vossen wheels always go well with Infiniti/Nissan vehicles and nonetheless after looking at the QX30, I can picture a set of Vossen LC 104s. Somewhat similar to the oem designed wheels but with a bit more oomph.

What are you guys looking at ?

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 11:27 AM

I love the Sport wheels that came with the sport version, so I'll be sticking with those. Do you own a qx30? I love mine! Surprisingly I like it more than I liked my q50 hybrid sport.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Those wheels would great on tires with some meat on them, not too much and at the same time not anything too low profile but that's just me. I think that sort of look will look like something Infiniti should offer on some super sporty trim, like a performance pack.. IPL?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Unfortunately I don't own one Some things came up and kind of delayed my opportunity. But I'm still sitting down trying to check off boxes on what I would want when it is time to execute

But for sure @Infiniti_Guy , I'm not fond of that skinny rubber thing. Firstly, way too uncomfortable. Then because you have to run a higher pressure than normal, you run that risk of easy blowing the tire out or something getting stuck in it. There's too many drawbacks to justify it, and I just don't think it looks good lol.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 02:45 PM

So after some searching around for examples most relevant to us, I happened to come across a rendering of a Q50 wearing these same wheels.

No doubt that it will look just as good on the QX30 given that design language has remained mostly the same

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Ahh perfect ! They definitely would translate very well on the QX30. I may have to opt out of the red and go with either a machined finish, or maybe even hyper black ? What about you guys ??
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 01:41 PM

Something of a tone that's similar to OEM is what i'm after, whether that's polished, gun metal, grey, etc. If there's one thing car makers get right its color combinations but wheel designs are sometimes their weakness.

Here you can see how well a grey/gunmetal can look:

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

You are definitely right. That grey (graphite, gunmetal, whatever lol) looks ideal when paired with the colors that they offer for vehicle exterior. Getting an aftermarket wheel and matching the finish of the oem may prove to be your best friend.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page