JD Power names Infiniti as 3rd least appealing luxury brand - Infiniti QX30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default JD Power names Infiniti as 3rd least appealing luxury brand

Each year JD Power puts out its Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout study, and this year's study named Infiniti as the 3rd least appealing luxury brand. The average score for a luxury brand was 840, and Infiniti scored 826.

Here are the bottom 5 luxury brands according to JD Power.

5. Lincoln (835)
4. Cadillac (826)
3. Infiniti (826)
2. Acura (814)
1. Volvo (812)

Here's what Autoguide had to say about Infiniti.

Quote:
Considering how many Infiniti vehicles are on the road today, it might come as a surprise to see that it’s less appealing than Lincoln and tied with Cadillac. But expect things to change for Nissan’s luxury arm as the company continues to focus on innovating technologies and more additions to its lineup. The company still has a ways to go however in order to compete with Europe’s finest.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I don't know if thats true. De Nysschen left because the environment was stifling. Nissan is trying to consolidate everything. The Nissan-Renault Alliance may have been great for their volume products but unfortunately it strangles innovation in the luxury realm. You need exclusive platforms and componenets to compete with the big players, Infinti just doesnt have that.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

I don't know if that's true. There must be a profitable way to share platforms and still make great luxury cars. I mean Ford does that, and Mercedes is sharing a platform with Infiniti too. I think your statement is pretty broad.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

LOL so my statement was broad and you countered it with an even wider one? And I'm sorry but using Lincoln as a viable example is absurd, Infiniti is on record that they want to compete with the big german 3, not Lincoln.

Mercedes is sharing a platform because they bought into the alliance. This just proves my point further. The MFA platform is exclusive, no Nissans or Renaults are based off this platform its strictly luxury.

THAT is the point, you need platforms engineered specifically for the luxury application not a simple re purposing. Re purposing leaves compromises and allows complacency to set in. But hey if thats the kind of car you want by all means buy a Buick.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page