Infiniti Q30 First Look Indicative of QX30 Experience - Infiniti QX30 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2015, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Infiniti Q30 First Look Indicative of QX30 Experience

The Car Guide was able to check out (not drive ) the new Infiniti Q30 before anyone else at the Frankfurt Motor Show. As they point out at the end of their review, the QX30 "will resemble [the Q30] in just about every respect, except that it will be higher off ground." So I figured that this review of the Q30 should also serve as a pretty good review of the QX30.

First off, the look of the Q30 is given a thumbs up. While design is naturally subjective, the hatchback style, compact dimensions and boomerang-shaped D pillar all contribute to a very dynamic and engaging look.

The Q30 sport model sits a bit lower to the ground and has larger tires (19 inches instead of 18). It will be pricier and it has a more aggressive design. I'm not sure if the QX30 will also get a sport model or not.

The interior is very representative of the Infiniti brand. It is stylish (though not as flashy as the exterior). The base model has an all-black interior, and one of the models at the show used a new imitation suede with white top-stitching and leather.

The dashboard has nicely laid out and usable controls. Gauges are simple, clean and well laid out. One thing in particular to point out is the gearshift that comes directly from Mercedes. Does this mean drivers will get AMG-level performance? Only time will tell.

A few last observations to round things out. There are a number of parts that come directly from Mercedes, like the gear shift and the drive mode button. Perhaps changing some of these details would have been a good idea since comparisons between the Q30 and GLA will abound. Front seats were comfortable, rear legroom acceptable, and there is a 60/40 split to the rear seats.The trunk sil is described as a little bit high, and there is no spare tire, but there is a compressor instead to repair minor punctures.

So, most, if not all, of these observation should carry over to the QX30. Anything that you are expecting to be different when comparing the Q30 to the QX30?
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 01:23 PM

Would you say the interior is nicer than the GLA? Also, could you tell if they loaded the vehicle with many of the nice enhancements that Infiniti has on its latest vehicles? I noticed on the GLA, that there is limited space for cup holders and storage. How does the GLA compare with the Q30?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

The GLA is nice, but different the biggest difference I see is the screen being mounted iPad style, instead of the Q30 which integrates it into the dash. I prefer the latter. The vents are also quite different. I don't like the way that Mercedes designs their vents.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The MB design is more with the times, Infiniti will eventually change to how MB has their layout. Ever era has its specific design features and this is one of them for this time.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page